It’s back to school time and here are 189 keto meal prep recipes and ideas to make your life a little easier. There are big batch low carb dinners, sugar free make ahead snacks and freezable breakfast recipes to make family meal time a breeze. Grab a FREE meal plan work sheet that you can download and use to organize your meals.
You might also like one of these keto meal plans.
I don’t know about you but when it’s back to school time I feel like I need to be more organized with our meals. Be it for packed lunches, snacks or quick keto dinners, life runs more smoothly when you have a plan.
Today I have 189 keto meal prep recipes and ideas so that you can stick to your low carb diet even when life gets busy. There is everything from keto freezable breakfast recipes to slow cooker dinners and sugar free snacks to have on hand.
And if you shop at Costco, here is post about some of the keto foods that you can buy there for your meal prepping. Check that out for more ideas.
Keto breakfast recipes and helpful tips.
Many of my keto breakfast recipes are good for meal prepping. You can make a batch for the week or freeze them for an easy and tasty breakfast on the go.
Just take a breakfast burrito or keto muffin out of the freezer and microwave for a minute or two and have a healthy, tasty meal in minutes.
Some breakfast prepping tips to try.
- Make a dozen of hard boiled eggs. You can grab one for a snack, make egg salad or they go great on salads.
- If you don’t like eggs, try some keto granola or make some keto oatmeal. Make a big batch and eat it with almond milk for a quick breakfast.
- If you aren’t much of a breakfast person, try a smoothie or chia seed breakfast pudding with coffer or tea.
- Remember you can eat breakfast for lunch or dinner too. And on the flip side you can eat leftovers from dinner for breakfast.
Make ahead keto lunch ideas.
My favorite two ways to prepare for lunch are either to have leftovers from dinner the night before or have a few lunches in the freezer that I can reheat. I do this when I have leftovers from dinner. I’ll place it into single serving containers and freeze them.
Some keto lunch meal prep tips to try:
- Mason jars make great lunch containers for salads. Just layer the ingredients and pour into a bowl when ready to eat or just eat out of the jar.
- Good cold cuts make good sandwich roll ups or try low carb tortillas for a quick keto wraps. Add some lettuce and veggies with your favorite spread, mustard or salad dressing.
- Hearty soups are easy to make a big batch of and freeze in containers. Take to work and it will thaw by lunch time then pop into the microwave to eat. Add some keto crispbread and you have a meal.
- Zucchini noodles and cauliflower rice can be dressed up with cheeses, sauces, spices or chopped up cooked protein. You can whip up a keto lunch in about 10 minutes.
- When in doubt try a big omelet or a big salad for lunch if you work from home.
Keto dinners you can eat for more than one meal.
I am a big fan of casseroles, slow cooker dinners and now air fryer dinners for their ease of use and time saving features. Find a few good slow cooker meals and you can come home from work with dinner ready for you. Plus you can make a big bath and freeze some for lunches or another dinner.
Here are a few other keto dinner meal prep tips.
- Roasts and meat centric dinners can easily be used for double duty. If I make a garlic pork shoulder one night, I can make tacos with it the next day, or nachos or even add it to tomato sauce to eat over pasta. You can usually find keto tortillas, nacho chips and pasta for these dishes.
- Make a casserole the night before and just add a nice green salad to make it a meal.
- Burgers are always an easy dinner. Eat them as is, or turn them into pizza burgers or use a creamy mushrooms sauce.
- Turn your favorite sandwich or burger into a big salad. Crumble cooked hamburger over top and then add your favorite burger toppings. Same goes with using lunchmeat to turn your favorite sandwich into a salad.
Keto meal prep sweet and savory snacks.
If you like to snack or have a dessert I find that if I have something in the freezer I can grab a piece of keto chocolate and be satisfied. Some keto snack prepping tips are:
- Make a batch of keto fat bombs and store in the freezer. You will be less likely to eat too many.
- Try really dark chocolate. It’s not as sweet but if you like chocolate it will satisfy you. I like Lindt’s 90% cacao bars but Aldi brand Moser Roth makes a decent 70% cacao dark chocolate bar. Sugar free chocolate chips (Lilly’s or Choczero) are more common and make an easy keto sweet snack.
- If you crave salt snacks, try dehydrating thinly sliced zucchini, turnips, radishes etc and make sure to use a lot of spice to make veggie chips.
- Roasted pecans taste a lot like pretzels so add your favorite spices for an easy salty snack.
Free meal planning work sheet.
Below I have a FREE weekly meal plan work sheet (PDF) you can download to keep track of your monthly meals. Just click on the graphic below and then download or print the file. You can print it as many times as you want.
I also gave away a FREE Eat Smarter Planner at the beginning of the year and if you are interested in that please click here.
Well I hope that gave you some good keto meal prep recipes and ideas for back to school or really any time of year when life just gets too busy. Enjoy!