These chocolate salted caramel keto fat bombs are a delicious low carb snack that’s also high in protein. So with just a couple ingredients and a few minutes you can make these filling and yummy keto treats! Each keto fat bomb has only 0.7g net carbs!
You might also like these low carb chocolate coconut protein bites!
If you’ve been following a keto diet you have probably heard of fat bombs. Fat bombs are similar to energy balls. But while energy balls may use things like dates and oats which are high in carbs, fat bombs tend to be higher in fat and often use coconut oil.
I made this chocolate salted caramel keto fat bombs because they are sweet and really fill me up so just one or two is a great afternoon snack for me. They only require a few ingredients so I can whip them up in a few minutes and I store them in the freezer for a quick snack or sweet.
Keto Fat Bomb Ingredients I used
I only used 5 ingredients in this recipe and that is coconut oil, cocoa powder, collagen protein powder, sugar free syrup and raw walnuts. This is why I used each specific product:
- Coconut Oil: This is a great fat to use as a base. It’s considered by some as a superfood. Learn more about the benefits of coconut here. I like it because it tends to really fill me up.
- Perfect Keto Collagen Powder (salted caramel flavor): This is a new product for me. I’ve be trying these new collagen based protein powders and was excited about how good this one tastes. Also the salted caramel flavor doesn’t have any net carbs!
- Divine Cocoa powder: I love this cocoa powder because it’s low carb and tastes delicious! I also like Guittard cocoa powder which is also low carb.
- Torani Sugar Free Salted Caramel Syrup: As you know I love Torani sugar free syrups and this is one of my favorites.
- Raw Walnuts: The walnuts act as a nut butter to keep this fat bomb soft and unlike almond butter it has a neutral flavor.
- You can find these products in my Amazon storefront if you are interested.
Let’s make some Chocolate Caramel Salted Caramel Fat Bombs!
First you need to grind the walnuts using a food processor. You want to make sure you grind them until they become moist like cookie dough. If you keep processing more it will be more of a nut butter and that would be ok too. It just might make it a bit more messy.
Next you add in the cocoa powder, collagen powder and Torani syrup. Pulse to mix it well and then spoon it into a bowl. Then you add in the coconut oil and mix by hand. You don’t add it to the food processor because it will make it melt too much and it will really get runny.
Above you can see that it ends up looking like brownie batter. Now just spoon into your mold of choice. I used this rather large silicone ice cube tray. I have many kinds of molds that I use but this one makes the largest ones so I used it.
Now just pop this in the freezer or refrigerator to harden. I like the freezer because it’s faster. It should take anywhere from 1/2 hour to 2 hours depending on the size and thickness of your fat bombs.
After they are finish you want to store them in the freezer or refrigerator. They will start to melt in your hands and you can see below, even frozen they are soft and not too hard. I just love them!
Well I hope you enjoy this quick and easy keto snack. However even if you don’t use fat bombs up your macros you might like these for a tasty dessert. It tastes like candy to me. The nutritional information based on the specific products I used are:
96 cals / 9.3g fat / 1.5g carbs / 0.8g fiber / 3.1g protein = 0.7g net carbs
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (I like Divine cocoa powder)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 scoops Keto Collagen Salted Caramel
- 1 tablespoons Torani Sugar Free Salted Caramel Syrup
- Add the walnuts to a food processor and grind until it makes a sticky dough.
- Add in the cocoa powder, collagen powder and Torani syrup and pulse to combine.
- Spoon into a bowl and add the coconut oil. Mix until well combined.
- Pour or spoon into an ice cube tray or candy mold.
- Freeze until solid, roughly 2 hours.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Perfect Keto Collagen Peptides Protein Powder with MCT Oil - Grassfed, GF, Multi Supplement, Best for Ketogenic Diets, Use in Coffee, Shakes for Women & Men – Salted Caramel
Divine Chocolate Cocoa Powder Fair Trade -- 4.4 oz - 2 pc
Torani Sugar Free Salted Caramel
NOW Foods, Certified Organic Walnuts, Raw and Unsalted, Halves and Pieces, Good Source of Protein and Healthy Fatty Acids, Certified Non-GMO, 12-Ounce
Nutiva Organic, Unrefined, Virgin Coconut Oil, 54 Fl Oz (Pack of 1)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96Total Fat: 9.3gCarbohydrates: 1.5gNet Carbohydrates: 0.7gFiber: 0.8gProtein: 3.1g