Easy Low Carb Drink Recipes
If you are looking for easy and delicious low carb drink recipes you will love the variety of recipes I have for you. Below are low carb coffee, tea, chia seed drinks, cocktails and milkshakes.
Alcohol content of different alcoholic drinks.
If you are in the mood to indulge in an alcoholic drink and want to keep to your keto diet, here is the lowdown on carbs in alcohol.
- Beer – There are many lower carb beers available these days but compared to other types of alcohol beer has the most carbs. However there is a new Budweiser Next that has 0g and their Budweiser Select 55 has just 1.9g carbs. Other popular brands are Corona Premier (2.6g) and Michelob Ultra Pure Gold (2.5g). Check out some IPAs that might be low as well. This post has lots of low carb beers.
- Wine – Surprisingly to me, wine is not that high in carbs if you are drinking a drier wine. For whites try Sauvignon Blanc (roughly 2.7g) and for reds try Pinot Noir (roughly 3.4g). The problem with wine is that it’s easy to drink a couple glasses and it adds up.
- Champagne: Believe it or not champagne isn’t all that expensive and a drier one has very few carbs. A glass of dry champagne has only 1g of carbs. Prosecco is another great low carb sparkling wine to try with 1-2g net carbs per glass.
- Liquor: Hard alcohol or liquor has no carbs at all. The problem is the mixers. So if you use diet sodas, seltzers and other low carb mixers (see below) this might be your answer.
- Hard Seltzers: This is a newer phenomenon that has sprung up over the years. There are tons of hard seltzers on the mark and great for low carb dieters. But essentially they are seltzer water (0g) mixed with hard alcohol (0g). So in my opinion it is cheaper to just make your own (suggestions below). However here is a good article comparing hard seltzers.