These easy keto almond butter cookies only take 4 ingredients and are sugar free and gluten free too! These flourless cookies are easy and healthy with only 1.8g net carbs per cookie.
You might also like this keto chocolate chip almond butter cookies recipe!
I’ve been trying to feed my son better. It’s so easy and convenient to feed him packaged foods…especially when he rarely likes the healthier versions that I make. It can be so discouraging.
So when I make healthy foods and he likes it I feel like doing a happy dance. I work hard for the happy dance. So here is my latest healthy nut butter cookie creation for Max – low carb almond butter cookies!
how to make almond butter
First of all I had to make my own almond butter for these cookies as they are the main ingredient. No need to buy it in the store because it’s so easy to make. All you need are raw almonds.
To make your own almond butter just:
- Roast raw almonds in a dry pan for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Let them cool completely.
- Add to a high speed blender like a Vitamix or even a food processor.
- Let them blend or process until they breakdown into a butter. You may have to scrap down the sides every once in awhile. The more you process the more the oils will come out and become smoother.
- You can add a bit of coconut oil towards the end to get it smoother if you wish but it is not necessary.
- Store in a jar in the refrigerator.
I have a keto maple bacon almond butter recipe with more information if you are interested in making your own.
4 Ingredients I used
Note you don’t have to make your own almond butter. Sometimes I use Aldi’s Simply Nature brand of almond butter. You want a brand of almond butter than just uses almonds if you can.
Let’s make some
keto almond butter cookies!
To make the cookies, just mix the ingredients together to make cookie dough. Roll into balls and flatten on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet. I also use a silicone mat sometimes for cookies like these.
If you want you can use a fork to make a pattern like people do with peanut butter cookies but really there is no need. However note that the cookies will not flatten and spread on their own.
Now just bake them in a 350°F oven for 10-12 minutes. You want them to be firm to the touch but you don’t want to over cook them.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- You can either make your own almond butter which is really easy and described above. Or you can use store bought almond butter. Just make sure the brand only uses almonds and there is no added sugar.
- I used additional Torani sugar free s’mores syrup to flavor the cookies but you can use other things or nothing at all. You can try other flavors of sugar free syrups, flavored extracts or Lakanto maple syrup (sugar free).
- You can also put in some add-ins like ChocZero chocolate chips, nuts, coconut, cocoa nibs, etc.
- Make sure you let the cookies cool complete before eating because they will firm up a bit as they cool. The texture is more of a chewy rather than a crunchy cookie.
The cookies were moist, tasty and sweet. If you don’t care about carbs, you could use maple syrup or honey as your sweetener or even coconut sugar.
This recipe made 18 cookies. I made some with the syrup and some without and both were good. So if you don’t have the syrup, don’t sweat it.
The nutrition for 1 cookie is:
96 cals / 8.3g fat / 9.8g carbs / 8g fiber / 2.8g protein = 1.8g net carbs
Check out my friend Taryn’s keto butter cookies they only have 8 ingredients and take 20 minutes!
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup Swerve sweetener
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar Free Torani syrup (I like s'mores) optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix nut butter with Swerve sweetener. Add Torani syrup if using.
- Add the beaten egg and mix well.
- Spoon mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spread the mixture to flatten the cookies with your hand. A fork dipped in water works well here too. The cookies will not flatten and spread on their own.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely then eat!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
AmazonBasics Silicone, Non-Stick, Food Safe Baking Mat - Pack of 2
Justin's Classic Almond Butter, Only Two Ingredients, No Stir, Gluten-free, Non-GMO, Keto-friendly, Responsibly Sourced, 16oz Jar
Swerve Sweetener, Confectioners, 12 oz
Torani Sugar Free S'Mores Flavoring Syrup, 750mL (25.4 Fl Oz) Glass Bottle, Individually Boxed, With Black Pump
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96Unsaturated Fat: 0g
This recipe was adapted from Savory Lotus‘ recipe.