These strawberry keto cheesecake bites are a little bit of low carb heaven. This no bake treat tastes like strawberry pretzel salad rolled up in one low carb bite. Inside is a creamy and delicious cheesecake filling mixed with strawberries and rolled in crunchy buttery pecans. Only a few ingredients needed to make these and each has just 1.7g net carbs per bite!
You might also like these keto chocolate cheesecake bites!
Do you remember a couple weeks ago I made a strawberry pretzel-less pop? I just love that strawberry pretzel salad so that was a low carb pop version of it. Well I had leftovers so I made these strawberry keto cheesecake bites.
I have to admit that I like these better than the pops! I just took the creamy filling from the cheesecake layer, mixed in the strawberries and rolled it around in the buttery toasted pecans. Then I put them in the fridge. Super easy and oh so good and they are a no bake keto dessert!
These low carb cheesecake bites are great for a quick sweet treat or even as a sugar free dessert. Pop one in your mouth any time a sweets craving comes your way. They only have 1.7 grams net carbs per serving so they are perfect for those on a low carb diet.
What is strawberry pretzel salad?
First of all it is a dessert not a salad. It’s a crust of butter and pretzels, followed by creamy cheesecake filling and topped with strawberry jello. It’s popular as a potluck dish and the perfect dessert for picnics. It’s also a holiday dessert staple.
According to the Farmer’s Almanac, it is thought to have originated in the 1960’s from a Jell-O cookbook and now it’s a popular party dessert.
It’s also what I modeled this dessert recipe after. However on a low carb diet the pretzel crust has carbs and flour so that won’t work. Also an almond flour crust wouldn’t have the same taste so I used pecans instead. For a low carb version of this popular dessert click the pic below. It’s one of my favorite recipes.
Recipe ingredients I used.
You only need 6 simple ingredients to make these no-bake strawberry cheesecake bites: strawberries, pecans, salted or unsalted butter, salt, sugar free cheesecake pudding mix and heavy whipping cream.
You only need a few berries for this recipe. You will be chopping them. up and adding to the cheesecake pudding filling. If you wanted to you could use other berries as long as they can be chopped up into small pieces.
I have not tried frozen strawberries but I think they could work. Make sure they aren’t packaged with any strawberry sauce or syrup in them as they will have carbs.
Pecans (Butter and Salt)
I used raw pecans to mimic the salty, buttery pretzel bottom of the original dessert. When you toast pecan pieces in butter and salt they get crunchy just like pretzels do.
Sugar Free Cheesecake Pudding
I like this flavor of pudding and I know Jello makes it but there may be other brands. If you can’t find any you can use vanilla sugar free pudding instead. But try to get the cheesecake flavor if you can.
Heavy Whipping Cream
This is necessary to add to the pudding to make is rich and creamy. I would not substitute anything for this.
How to make strawberry keto cheesecake bites.
- Start with making the cheesecake batter for the filling. Pour the heavy cream into a large mixing bowl and add the pudding mix. Beat with a hand mixer for a few minutes until thick and cream. Fold in the chopped strawberry pieces and refrigerate for a half hour.
- In the meantime, get out a skillet and heat to medium heat. Add the butter and when it’s melted add the pecan pieces and salt. Toast until the pecans are fragrant and have browned a bit. Make sure they don’t burn though. Take off the heat and set aside to cool. Then pour in a medium bowl.
- Take out the pudding mixture and use a cookie dough scoop to take a bit of the mixture and roll around in the pecan topping. Place on a plate and continue with the rest of the mixture. Try to keep them bite sized.
- Store finished mini cheesecake bites in the refrigerator in an airtight container or cover the plate with plastic wrap. Please scroll down to view the printable recipe card.
How to make this without the pudding.
The key to this recipe is the use of sugar free cheesecake pudding. When you whip it with heavy cream, it really gets nice and thick and cheesecake like.
However the sugar free pudding does have quite a bit of carbs. If you want to make it with less carbs, one option is to make it with a combination of full fat cream cheese, heavy cream and powdered sweetener.
Try 8 ounces of cream cheese (softened), 1 cup of heavy cream and ¾ cup of sweetener along with chopped strawberries to make the cream cheese mixture for the filling.
Swerve powdered sweetener is good choice for this. It’s made with erythritol and the powdered sugar will blend well with the cream cheese mixture. I use it in a lot of keto recipes.
So if you make the strawberry pretzel salad pops, double the keto cheesecake filling and the butter pecans and make these bites. Taste test them and let me know which of these low carb desserts you prefer. Also try the low carb pretzel salad. It’s one of my favorite recipes and very popular on this blog.
The nutrition information for 1 of the strawberry cheesecake bites is: 75 cals / 7.3g fat / 2.1g carbs / 0.4g fiber / 0.4g protein = 1.7g net carbs
For the ingredients in this recipe, check out my Amazon page.
You might also like these low carb chocolate-covered strawberry cheesecake bars.
- 6 fresh strawberries, finely chopped
- ½ cup raw pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 package sugar free cheesecake pudding (1 oz size)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Get out a skillet and heat to medium heat. Add butter and when it melts add the pecan pieces and salt. Toast pecans until they are fragrant and start to brown. Make sure they don't burn though. Take them out and place in a shallow bowl to cool.
- Add pudding mix and heavy whipping cream itno a mixing bowl and using a hand mixer beat on high until thick and creamy.
- Fold in strawberries and set in the refrigerator for ½ hour.
- Take out of refrigerator and using a a cookie scopp or spoon take a scoop out of the cheesecake mixture and loosely make a ball shape. Roll around in pecan topping and set on a plate. Do this with the rest of the mixture.
- Set plate in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up and then store in the refrigerator. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator or cover the plate with a piece of plastic wrap.
The nutritional information for 1 of the strawberry cheesecake bites is: 75 cals / 7.3g fat / 2.1g carbs / 0.4g fiber / 0.4g protein = 1.7g net carbs
I really like the sugar free cheesecake pudding to make the filling but it has a few carbs. For an even lower carb version you could use cream cheese, whipped cream and sweetener for the filling. Use roughly 8 ounces cream cheese, 1 cup heavy cream and ¾ cup sweetener along with the strawberries for the filling.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 75Unsaturated Fat: 0g