This easy chocolate chip keto biscotti recipe is what you need for a mid afternoon low carb snack. It’s made with almond flour so it’s gluten free and it’s sugar free too! Most of all it’s really easy to make and tastes delicious. Each keto biscotti has only 2g net carbs!
You might also like this maple and walnut keto biscotti recipe!
The other day while perusing Costco, my husband bought a big barrel of biscotti for his father. I was so jonesin’ for them so I decided to make my own. I have a few low carb biscotti recipes already on my blog but today I thought I’d try this easy chocolate chip keto biscotti recipe. They did not disappoint!
I’m convinced that making your own sugar free biscotti is one of the easiest baked goods to make. So if you are biscotti fan and like something to nibble on with a cup of tea or coffee, give this recipe a try.
Other keto biscotti recipes to try
I mentioned above that I have a few low carb biscotti recipes on my blog and they are all very similar except for the flavors. So here are a couple other keto sweet snacks you might like.
- cranberry pistachio biscotti
- Meyer lemon ginger biscotti
- maple walnut biscotti
- spiced tea cookies (while not biscotti, it’s a similar treat that goes well with tea or coffee)
Keto Biscotti Ingredients
You don’t need many ingredients to make this gluten free biscotti but some you might have to go to a bigger grocery store or you can always purchase them online. I have an Amazon Storefront that has many of these baking ingredient if you are interested.
Let’s make this keto biscotti recipe!
Here are the steps for making gluten free biscotti.
- In a large bowl beat the egg and add in the vanilla extract.
- Then add in the almond flour, baking powder and Swerve brown sugar sweetener and mix it well.
- Next pour in the melted butter, mix the dough and then fold in the Lily’s chocolate chips.
- Place a silicone mat or piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet and then form a flat oval shape with the biscotti dough.
- Bake in a 300°F oven for 25-30 minutes until browned. Let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Take a straight edged knife and push straight down (gently) to cut the biscotti. Turn them on their side and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Flip the biscotti to the other side and bake for 10 minutes. Then turn off the oven and let them sit in there for 1 more hour to get crunchy.
- Let them cool completely before storing in an air tight container.
Biscotti size and shape
As you can see above I cut mine into 8 pieces. They are pretty big so if you want to cut them all in half that might be good too.
Another possibility though I have not tried it yet, is to form the dough into a flat log something like a nut roll. Then you would cut it into many smaller slices. That would give you more keto biscotti to eat! If you do this, check the first bake at around 20 minutes to make sure it doesn’t burn.
These biscotti cookies should last up to two weeks if you keep them in a sealed container. I like to freeze them so I have a sweet treat on hand whenever I want it.
Other flavors and add ins to try
Here are other flavors of biscotti to try:
- use a different extract flavor such as almond, caramel or lemon to give it a different flavor
- try adding different nuts such as walnuts, pecans, almond slivers, pistachios or macadamia nuts
- citrus zest, such as lemon, orange or lime is another way to add flavor without carbs
- dried fruit can work but you can’t use too much as they usually have a lot of carbs
- Coconut flakes, cacao nibs, sesame seeds, etc would also add texture and flavor
I really like these chocolate chip biscotti because they are sweet but not too sweet. I love the crunchy, crispy cookie texture, especially with a cup of coffee in the afternoon. Enjoy! The nutritional information for 1 piece is:
149 cals / 12.3g fat / 6.6g carbs / 4.6g fiber / 4.2g protein = 2g net carbs
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup Swerve brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Lillys chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg, then mix in the vanilla extract. Next add the rest of the ingredients except the chocolate chips.
- Once the dough forms fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place a silicone mat or parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Form the dough into a flat oval shape. Bake for 25-30 minutes until its slightly brown.
- Take out of oven but keep the oven on. Let it cool for 15 minutes. Then take a flat edged knife and cut straight down into the biscotti to make 8 equal pieces.
- Gently turn the pieces on their sides and bake for 10 minutes.
- Take it out and flip the pieces to the other side and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Turn off the oven and keep the biscotti in there for 1 more hour so it will get nice and crunchy.
- Store in a sealed container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 149Net Carbohydrates: 2gg