If you are in the mood for stuffed peppers on a low carb diet, try making these keto air fryer stuffed peppers. You can have an easy, hearty and delicious low carb dinner in less than 30 minutes! Only 4.3g net carbs per serving and you can make these keto stuffed peppers in the oven as well.
You might also like these keto bbq shredded chicken stuffed peppers.
Last week my air fryer keto chicken stuffed poblanos was such a hit, I went on a stuffed pepper air frying cooking spree. I’m telling you that air fryer works great for cooking stuffed vegetables. It’s easy to use, doesn’t take much time and cooks things evenly.
So today I’m giving you keto air fryer stuffed peppers without rice but they taste like the classic version you might have grown up with. It’s full of flavor and makes for an easy, delicious low carb dinner for the family. To me it’s the perfect keto comfort food!
Other keto stuffed peppers recipes to try.
Because my hubby grows so many peppers in his garden and because we both love them so much, I have a lot of keto stuffed pepper recipes on this blog. They are all low carb very easy to make.
- taco stuffed peppers
- Greek chicken stuffed peppers
- cheesy meatball stuffed peppers
- cheesy chorizo stuffed chiles
- buffalo chicken stuffed chiles
- buffalo breakfast stuffed hatch chiles
What kind of peppers to use in this recipe.
I actually used store bought peppers for this recipe. My husband grows a lot peppers but not bell peppers. I don’t care too much for green peppers and prefer the orange, yellow and red bell peppers because they are big and sweet. However if you prefer green you can use those.
Though I want to mention that store bought peppers usually have thicker walls and cooking time may vary if you are using a thinner walled pepper.
What is in the keto stuffing for peppers?
The stuffing for these peppers is a simple combination of ground beef, cauliflower rice, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
You could also use ground turkey or ground chicken place of the ground beef if you want.
I like to use parmesan cheese instead of shredded cheese because it has more flavor in my opinion. You could use cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese or another of your favorite cheeses if you don’t like parmesan but I think it works the best.
To make the tomato sauce, mix tomato paste, onion powder and garlic powder with a little water to thin it. I wanted it pretty thick because there wasn’t a lot of it and I wanted it to stay on the pepper. If you want to add a bit of heat you can add some hot pepper flakes.
How to make keto air fryer stuffed peppers.
- Preheat air fryer at 350°F for 5 minutes while you prepare the peppers.
- Cut 2 peppers in half and clean out the seeds and ribs.
- Then make the stuffing by mixing the ground beef, cauliflower rice, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Divide the ground meat mixture into 4 and stuff each of the pepper halves with the meat mixture.
- Mix the tomato paste, garlic powder, water and onion powder together to make the tomato sauce. Then spoon the sauce on top of the meat stuffing.
- Spray the basket of the air fryer with nonstick cooking spray and place the raw peppers into the basket. Cook at 350°F for 20 minutes. Cooking time may vary depending on your peppers but it should take around 20 minutes to cook the peppers and the filling.
Let cool before serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container. Please scroll down to view the printable recipe card.
How to make these keto stuffed peppers in the oven.
To make these in the oven preheat the oven at 350°F and prepare the peppers as mentioned above. Get out a baking dish and spray with non stick cooking spray. Place the stuffed peppers in the prepared baking dish.
Cover with foil and cook for at least 30 minutes. Check the peppers to see if they are soft and wilted and if not place back in the oven and cook for 10 more minutes.
Well I hope you give this air fryer stuffed pepper recipe a try. Whether you make it in the oven or the air fryer they are great when you need a busy weeknight meal. I just serve these with a green salad to make it a meal.
The nutritional info for 1 serving is: 151 cals / 6g fat / 6.7g carbs / 2.4g fiber / 15.1g protein = 4.3g net carbs
You might also like my friend Maya’s low carb keto stuffed peppers.
- 2 bell peppers, sliced in half and cleaned
- ½ pound ground meat, lean
- ¼ cup cauliflower rice
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 350°F. Cut peppers in half and clean out the seeds.
- Mix the ground beef, cauliflower rice, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and then stuff the peppers.
- Mix the tomato paste, garlic powder and onion powder and a few tablespoons of water to thin. You still want the sauce to be thick because there is not much of it and you want it to stay on the peppers.
- Spray the basket of the air fryer with nonstick cooking spray. Place peppers in the basket and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes. Depending on how thick your peppers are, the cooking time may vary so check them toward the end to make sure.
- To cook in the oven, preheat oven to 350°F. Place peppers in a baking dish and cover with foil. Cook for 30 minutes and check for doneness. If the peppers are not soft, cook for another 10 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151Unsaturated Fat: 0g