These healthy pecan pumpkin breakfast cookies are the perfect grab and go, low carb breakfast. Make a big batch of these gluten free cookies, store in the freezer and you are ready to go in the morning. Each healthy breakfast cookie has only 1.3g net carbs and are gluten free too!
You might also like these meat lovers low carb biscuits!
One of my most popular low carb recipes is my savory breakfast cookies. So today I am giving you a sweet breakfast cookie. You might ask what is the difference between a sweet breakfast cookie and just a regular cookie. In my opinion it is this: a breakfast cookie is a healthy cookie that you can feel good about eating for breakfast. Does that make sense?
These healthy pecan pumpkin breakfast cookies are not too sweet, gluten free and full of good for you ingredients and only 1.3g net carbs each.
The healthy breakfast cookie ingredients
- Pumpkin: a good source of fiber, potassium, vitamin A, vitamin E, etc.
- Cinnamon: high in antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties, anti-diabetic effect (read more)
- Coconut Flour: high in fiber, rich in trace minerals, gluten free (read more)
- Almond Flour: low in carbs, gluten free, high in fiber and high in protein
- Pecans: anti-aging, boost immunity, heart healthy (read more)
This is also a recipe you can quickly whip up and then you can freeze them for later. Again they are not too sweet so they would also make a great low carb snack. They are similar to the pumpkin bread with walnut glaze I made a while back though that was much sweeter and a little higher in carbs.
Low carb pumpkin breakfast cookies recipe
- In one bowl, beat the eggs and add pumpkin, Swerve sweetener and stevia and mix well.
- In another bowl mix the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Mix the wet ingredients and dry ingredients.
- Add a spoonful of mixture to a silicone or parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Press a pecan in the center of each cookie and cook for 16 minutes.
If you wish to make these sweeter, you could add a bit more sweetener but my hubby liked them as is for breakfast. The nutrition for 1 cookie is:
46 cals / 3.4g fat / 7.6g carbs / 6.3g fiber / 1.7g protein = 1.3g net carbs
If you like these, please check out my friend Stacey’s Keto Pumpkin Streusel Bread … it’s delicious!
Pumpkin Pecan Breakfast Cookies (low carb)
These pumpkin pecan breakfast cookies are the perfect grab and go, low carb breakfast. Make a big batch and store in the freezer and you are ready to go in the morning. Each cookie has only 1.3g net carbs and are gluten free too!
- 3/4 cup pure pumpkin
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Swerve sweetener
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid vanilla stevia
- 1/3 cup pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a bowl, beat eggs and add in Swerve sweetener, pumpkin and liquid stevia.
In another bowl mix the flours, baking soda and cinnamon.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
Take a spoonful of mixture and place on a silicone or parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Press a pecan into each cookie. Note cookies will not spread.
Bake for 16 minutes or until the cookies are firm. Don't over cook them or they will be dry.
Let cool before eating.