This keto broccoli salad without mayo is full of healthy and colorful vegetables, pecans and tossed in a simple sweet and tart dressing. This is a super easy salad or side dish that is low carb, filling and dairy free. Each serving has just 3.3g net carbs per serving.
You might also like this low carb chopped vegetable salad.
Everyone know the classic keto broccoli salad with bacon and mayonnaise. It’s one of my most popular recipes actually.
However my I wanted to make a lighter dairy free version without cheddar cheese, creamy dressing or bacon bits. So I came up with this sweet keto broccoli salad without mayo.
It’s a very simple and colorful vegetable salad tossed in a sweet and tangy dressing and topped with chopped pecans. The result is a crunchy, fresh broccoli salad that would be great for a low carb lunch or as a healthy keto side dish.
There is no cooking required and it’s perfect for summer picnics or family gatherings too.
Recipe ingredients I used.
The low carb broccoli salad ingredients include raw broccoli, sweet peppers, red onion and raw pecans. And the keto friendly sweet dressing consists of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Swerve brown sweetener and soy sauce.
You can use other nuts if you wish like sliced almonds, walnuts or even cashews. Or you can try pumpkin or sunflower seeds.
I prefer the brown sugar sweetener but you could use your sweetener of choice. And as for vinegar you can also use red wine or white vinegar.
Lastly you can use other low carb vegetables if you want like cucumbers, radishes, celery, cauliflower, shredded carrots etc. Just makes sure to calculate your own carb count as it will change.
How to make keto broccoli salad without mayo.
This is a very simple tasty recipe and here is how you make it.
- First chop all you vegetables into small uniform bite size pieces. Also chop your nuts. Place them all in a medium bowl. I used raw pecans but you could also toast them in a dry skillet if you wanted more flavor.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the olive oil, sweetener, apple cider vinegar and soy sauce.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetable mixture and mix well. Place in the refrigerator and chill for a few hours to let the vegetables marinate a bit
Store leftovers in an airtight container. Please scroll down to view the recipe card.
NOTE: If raw broccoli bothers your stomach you can always blanche it first. Just get a pot of boiling water and place the florets in for about 2-3 minutes. Then take them out and place immediately into an ice bath to keep it from cooking. Dry well and make the salad.
Other keto broccoli recipes to try.
I am a fan of broccoli and it’s the one vegetable that my family really likes. Here are some of my favorite keto broccoli recipes that you can eat as low carb meals or healthy side dishes.
- bacon, ranch & broccoli keto chicken salad
- broccoli cheese blender soup
- cheesy broccoli cauliflower rice
- Asian ground beef and broccoli
This is definitely going to be one of my go to keto salads this summer. My husband prefers this sweet salad because he’s not into mayo. It’s very simple but a deliciously healthy salad that’s really filling too!
I hope you like this lighter keto broccoli salad with no mayo or bacon. If you are on a keto diet it really is a refreshing dish for a quick lunch.
The nutritional information for 1 serving is 194 calories / 18.5g fat / 5.8g carbs / 2.5g fiber / 3g protein = 3.3g net carbs
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- ½ cups sweet bell peppers, chopped
- ¼ cup red onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup raw pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Swerve brown sweetener
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Chop all of vegetables into bite sized pieces and place in a medium size bowl. Add the chopped nuts as well.
- In a small mixing bowl add the olive oil, vinegar, Swerve sweetener and soy sauce. Whisk together and pour over the vegetables. Toss well and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour to marinate.
- Serve as a keto lunch or side dish.
You can also use different nuts like almonds or walnuts as well as crunchy sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds.
NOTE: If raw broccoli bothers your stomach you can always blanche it first. Just get a pot of boiling water and place the florets in for about 2-3 minutes. Then take them out with a slotted spoon and place immediately into a bowl with ice water to keep it from cooking. Dry well and make the salad.
The nutritional information for 1 serving is 194 calories / 18.5g fat / 5.8g carbs / 2.5g fiber / 3g protein = 3.3g net carbs.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194