If you love buffalo chicken dip, you have to try this keto buffalo chicken casserole for dinner! Loaded with chicken and cauliflower in a spicy buffalo sauce and covered in cheese. It’s so easy to make and super craveable with only 3g net carbs!
You might also like this low carb buffalo chicken & cauliflower rice!
I can still remember the first time I had buffalo chicken dip at a party. It was the most delicious thing I’ve ever eaten. Since then I’ve seen many people make it many different ways but they are all good to me.
However today I wanted it for dinner so I came up with this keto buffalo chicken casserole. Oh it is so good, I ate two servings and froze the rest so I couldn’t eat more. It’s spicy, creamy, cheesy and pure low carb comfort food not to mention easy to make.
Ingredients I used in this casserole.
There are so many different variations of buffalo chicken dip but today I was making a basic one with cooked chicken breast, cauliflower, cream cheese, garlic, cheddar and hot sauce. I was going to put egg and butter in it too but changed my mind at the last minute and used heavy cream instead.
Let’s make this
keto buffalo chicken casserole!
This is a very simple recipe. So let’s get started.
Step 1: Cook the cauliflower in the microwave for 5 minutes.
Step 2: While that’s cooking, melt the cream cheese, buffalo sauce and garlic in a skillet. Whisk to combine and then add in the cooked chicken.
Step 3: When the cauliflower is done, add that to the chicken mixture and the spoon into a sprayed cooking dish. Then pour the heavy cream over top.
Step 4: Now it’s cheese time and I opted to put all of the cheese on top. However you can also mix half of it in the chicken mixture if you wish.
Step 5: So top it off with cheddar cheese and bake for about 30 minutes. By the way I like to use the blocks of cheddar cheese and grate it myself for less carbs and a better taste.
Recipe Tips And Notes
- Precook the cauliflower and use rotisserie chicken to cut down on time. I like to buy rotisserie chicken and freeze the chopped cooked chicken for dishes like this.
- You can mix half of the cheddar cheese in with the chicken mixture or just use it all on top. I opted to use it all on top.
- You can use any kind of hot sauce you want. I bought most of the ingredients at Aldi so I used their brand of hot sauce. Note this is a bit spicy so you can use less or more according to your tastes.
- The cauliflower is what makes this dish more of a casserole than a dip. It also gives it more volume but keeping the carbs down so you can eat more!
Other keto buffalo chicken
recipes to try.
If you love that buffalo chicken flavor as much as I do here are a few more low carb buffalo chicken recipes you can try.
- buffalo chicken dip for 2 in the microwave
- buffalo chicken stuffed mushrooms
- buffalo chicken stuffed chiles
- blue cheese stuffed buffalo chicken meatballs
- buffalo cauliflower rice with cihcken
- buffalo chicken cheeseball with bacon
Freezing tips for a keto lunch.
As I mentioned above, I ate 2 of the 4 servings of this casserole. Then I spooned the rest into plastic containers and placed in the freezer. Now I have them on hand for a low carb lunch or dinner. To eat them, I just heat them up for about 3-5 minutes in the microwave.
This has been so helpful for when I don’t have time to make a low carb lunch or dinner. Casseroles are great dishes to freeze individual servings for later.
Well I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. I didn’t even get a chance to try this out on my husband as I’m hoarding it in the freezer for me. Next time I make it though I will share. Maybe. 🙂
The nutritional information for 1 serving is:
390 cals / 24.8g fat / 4.g carbs / 1.0g fiber / 32g protein = 3g net carbs
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (like Franks or Red Hot)
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 oz cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Then microwave the cauliflower for 5 minutes.
- In the mean time add the cream cheese, hot sauce and garlic to a skillet. Whisk and when the cream cheese has melted, add in the chicken and cauliflower. Mix well and take off stove.
- Spray a baking dish and spoon the mixture in and smooth out. The pour the heavy cream over the top and next sprinkle the cheddar cheese.
- Pop in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes until it's nice and browned on top.
- Let cool a bit before eating.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 390Unsaturated Fat: 0g