If you are looking for a tasty ‘breakfast for dinner’ recipe or just making breakfast for a crowd, try this low carb breakfast kielbasa and eggs recipe that only uses 5 ingredients. It’s full of tasty kielbasa, sweet peppers and cheese and you can serve it by the slice. Also makes a great meal prep keto breakfast recipe. Each slice has only 3.1g net carbs and 15.6g protein so it’s a low carb and high protein meal.
You might also like this low carb breakfast pizza recipe!
I’m always in the mood for kielbasa and eggs around Easter time. I think it’s because we always had kielbasa for breakfast on Easter along with our dyed eggs. Today I planned to make this dish so that I could eat it for breakfast all week. However I ended up giving half to my father in law who really liked it!
This low carb breakfast kielbasa and eggs recipe is something you can easily whip up since it only has 5 ingredients and you can use it as a meal prep recipe or for a brunch. I would also serve it for dinner if my hubby and son ate eggs but they do not (weirdos). Each slice only has 3.1g net carbs and 15.6g protein so it’s low carb and high protein!
Kielbasa and Eggs
Recipe in a Nutshell
- Microwave the peppers to precook them.
- Saute sliced kielbasa and peppers in an oven proof skillet.
- Blend the eggs, cream and some of the cheese then pour over the kielbasa.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Cover and cook for about 5 minutes then set under the broiler until all set and browned on top.
- Scroll to the bottom for the full recipe card you can print and save for later.
Only 5 ingredients needed
Below you can see the 5 ingredients I used for this recipe: kielbasa, eggs, heavy cream, cheddar cheese and bell peppers. I like to use colorful bell peppers for recipes like this but you could also use poblano or other tasty peppers.
Same goes for cheese. You can use any shredded cheese you have on hand but I would not use mozzarella because it doesn’t have as much flavor.
Let’s make this Keto Kielbasa and Eggs recipe!
You can make this recipe rather quickly. Start by sautéing the kielbasa while you microwave the peppers to get them soft. Mix them altogether in the pan and cook for another minute or so while you blend the eggs, cream and some of the cheese in a blender.
Pour the egg mixture over the kielbasa mixture and then sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. Then you want to cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes. if you look at the bottom left picture above you can in that it is almost completely cooked when you take off the lid.
Next place it under the broiler to finish cooking and to brown the cheese on top. Let it sit for a few minutes after it’s done before cutting into it.
Recipe Tips and notes
- You can vary the kinds of peppers you use in this recipes. Poblanos would be a nice addition or add in a jalapeno for spice.
- Try different cheeses as well. Swiss or gruyere would be tasty or maybe add in a little asiago or parmesan to the cheddar for some bite. Just make sure the cheese has some flavor.
- When you take off the lid make sure the dish is mostly set up. That is the middle might be a bit wet or jiggly but the sides should be done. The top will finish cooking under the broiler.
- I ate my kielbasa and eggs with hot sauce on top. I also think salsa or sour cream and chives would be tasty.
- This recipe would be a good meal prep recipe for low carb breakfast all week. Or you can serve it for a brunch or even a low carb dinner.
This was a simple recipe today but if you like kielbasa and peppers I think you will really like it. Speaking of kielbasa, try these out easy kielbasa recipes. The nutritional information for 1 piece is:
242 cals / 18.3g fat / 3.9g carbs / 0.8g fiber / 15.6g protein = 3.1g net carbs
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 7 oz kielbasa, sliced
- 1 cup sweet bell peppers, choppped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Add peppers to a microwave safe bowl and cook in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- Heat up olive oil in a large oven proof skillet and then add the cooked peppers and kielbassa. Saute for a couple minutes until they kielbasa starts to brown.
- In the meantime add the eggs to a blender along with heavy cream, 1/2 cup cheddar, salt & pepper and blend until well combined.
- Pour eggs over the peppers and kilebasa, cover and reduce heat until meadium low.
- Cook for 5 minutes and then sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese on top.
- Place pan under the broiler for 3-5 minutes until the eggs are set and the cheese melted.
- Let cool for a few minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242