If you are looking for a tasty ‘breakfast for dinner’ recipe or need a keto breakfast for a crowd, try this keto breakfast kielbasa casserole recipe that only uses 5 ingredients. It’s full of tasty kielbasa and eggs, sweet peppers and cheese. It’s also a great meal prep keto breakfast recipe. Each slice has only 3.1g net carbs and 15.6g protein so it’s a low carb and high protein meal.
You might also like this low carb breakfast pizza recipe!
I’m always in the mood for a kielbasa and eggs breakfast around Easter time. I think it’s because we always had kielbasa for breakfast on Easter along with our dyed eggs.
Today I planned to make a low carb breakfast casserole that I could eat all week. However I ended up giving half to my father in law who really liked it!
This keto breakfast kielbasa casserole recipe is something you can easily whip with just 5 ingredients and you can also use it as a meal prep recipe or for brunch.
I would also serve it for a breakfast for dinner meal if my hubby and son ate eggs but they do not (weirdos). Each slice only has 3.1g net carbs and 15.6g protein so it’s low carb and high protein!
You Only Need 5 Ingredients!
Below you can see the 5 ingredients I used for this recipe: kielbasa, eggs, heavy cream, cheddar cheese and bell peppers. I like to use colorful bell peppers for recipes like this but you could also use poblano or other tasty peppers.
Same goes for cheese. You can use any flavorful shredded cheese you have on hand but I would not use mozzarella because it doesn’t have as much flavor.
Let’s Make This Keto Breakfast Kielbasa Casserole!
You can make this simple recipe rather quickly and I’ll show you how.
- First microwave the peppers to precook them.
- While they are cooking, saute the sliced kielbasa in an oven safe skillet. Then add the cooked peppers and cook for another minute.
- While they are sautéing blend the eggs, cream and some of the cheese in the blender.
- Pour the egg mixture overtop the kielbasa mixture and sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese on top.
- Cover and cook for about 5 minutes. The sides should be set but the top might be a bit loose. Next set it under the broiler until the casserole has set completely and is browned on top. (If you look at the bottom left picture below you can in that it is almost completely cooked when you take off the lid.)
- Scroll to the bottom for the full recipe card you can print and save for later.
Recipe Tips & Notes.
- You can vary the kinds of peppers you use in this recipes. Poblanos would be a nice addition or add in a jalapeno for spice.
- Try different cheeses as well. Swiss or gruyere would be tasty or maybe add in a little asiago or parmesan to the cheddar for some bite. Just make sure the cheese has some flavor.
- When you take off the lid make sure the dish is mostly set up. That is the middle might be a bit wet or jiggly but the sides should be done. The top will finish cooking under the broiler.
- I ate my kielbasa and eggs with hot sauce on top. I also think salsa or sour cream and chives would be tasty.
- This recipe would be a good meal prep recipe for low carb breakfast all week. Or you can serve it for a brunch or even a low carb dinner.
More Kielbasa Recipes To Try.
Also this kielbasa and potato skillet dinner is one of my most popular recipes (though it’s not low carb).
This was a simple recipe today but if you like kielbasa and eggs I think you will really like it.
The nutritional information for 1 piece is: 242 cals / 18.3g fat / 3.9g carbs / 0.8g fiber / 15.6g protein = 3.1g net carbs
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 7 oz kielbasa, sliced
- 1 cup sweet bell peppers, choppped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Add peppers to a microwave safe bowl and cook in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- Heat up olive oil in a large oven proof skillet and then add the cooked peppers and kielbassa. Saute for a couple minutes until they kielbasa starts to brown.
- In the meantime add the eggs to a blender along with heavy cream, ½ cup cheddar, salt & pepper and blend until well combined.
- Pour eggs over the peppers and kilebasa, cover and reduce heat until meadium low.
- Cook for 5 minutes and then sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese on top.
- Place pan under the broiler for 3-5 minutes until the eggs are set and the cheese melted.
- Let cool for a few minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242