This quick & easy kielbasa and potatoes recipe is one of my favorite dinner recipes for my family. Kielbasa and potatoes taste wonderful together and the sweet peppers are the perfect compliment to both.
With it being so busy this time of year, I like to have some easy dinner recipes for my family such as this kielbasa and potatoes recipe. This kielbasa dinner takes minutes to prepare and then you can just bake it in the oven while you do other things!
I have a few kielbasa recipes on my site because we usually have it on hand and because it’s great in skillet dinners like this with your meat-starch-veggie all in one.
The difference between kielbasa and smoked sausage.
Kielbasa is usually made from pork while smoked sausage can be made from pork, turkey and or beef. Smoked sausage is fully cooked and then smoked and you can eat it hot or cold.
Kielbasa is usually sold precooked much like a hotdog. And like a hot dog it should be heated and cooked. Kielbasa is seasoned heavily with garlic and has a coarse texture. Learn more about kielbasa & smoked sausage here.
What to make with kielbasa?
Just like sausages there are many different foods you can serve with kielbasa. Like this recipe it goes well with potatoes or other starches like rice, pasta or beans.
Many people like to grill kielbasa and eat them on a bun with cooked onions and peppers. Lastly kielbasa is a good breakfast food and tastes great with eggs and hash browns.
Simple ingredients I used.
All I used for this recipe is a package of kielbasa, potatoes, sweet bell peppers, olive oil, onions, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
So you can see it’s just simple ingredients you probably have on hand. All you need to do is mix and roast for a tasty weeknight one pan dinner.
How to make this easy baked kielbasa recipe.
- So to make this skillet of deliciousness, you start by tossing your chopped veggies and kielbasa with olive oil and spices.
- Next spread the mixture evenly in your cast iron or oven proof skillet like this.
- Then just bake the kielbasa and potatoes in the oven until your potatoes are soft and brown. Mine took an hour.
- Doesn’t that look like comfort food to you? It does to me. Please scroll down to see and print the recipe card.
By the way I used pork kielbasa but you can use turkey kielbasa or beef. They all have similar flavors in my opinion.
Ways you can vary this recipe.
- First of all I love kielbasa but this recipe would work with any kind of flavored sausage like Italian or one of those fancier types you find in the grocery store.
- You can add a little heat by using banana peppers or poblanos. Lastly you can vary the spices too, such as using cumin and chili powder for a Mexican flavor.
- Also if you want to lower the carbs a little, try substituting cauliflower florets for the potatoes.
That’s all there is to it. Just add a salad and you have an easy dinner with just a few minutes of prep. Enjoy!
Try some of these other easy kielbasa recipes.
And this baked kielbasa recipe is very similar to this one but it uses cabbage instead of potatoes and is baked in the oven.
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 potatoes, chopped
- 2 sweet bell peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 14 oz kielbasa, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using 1 Tablespoon of olive oil, spread all over a cast iron or oven proof skillet.
- In a large bowl add your vegetables and kielbasa. Pour the rest of the olive oil over along with the spices and mix well.
- Spoon into your skillet and spread evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour or until potatoes are soft and browned.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 380Total Fat: 19gCarbohydrates: 33.8gFiber: 4.9gProtein: 19.3g