If you are looking for a delicious way to eat your vegetables, try this keto veggie breakfast biscuit recipe! They’re very easy to make and you can freeze these low carb biscuits for a breakfast on the go. Each breakfast biscuit has only 85 calories and 1.3g net carbs.
You might also like this super tasty low calorie, low carb vegetable soup!
One of my most popular posts is one for a low carb breakfast cookie. It’s an easy low carb breakfast on the go because you can make a batch and freeze them. Last month I made a similar recipe (meat lovers biscuit) and today this keto veggie breakfast biscuit. They all have the same basic dough but with different mix ins.
I really think this one is my favorite! The veggies and Asiago cheese give them so much flavor you can easily eat them for a low carb snack or lunch too!
Keto Veggie Biscuit Ingredients
I purposefully chose vegetables that would have the most taste and color but not many carbs. Therefore I used chopped sweet peppers, zucchini, mushrooms and spinach. I also used garlic, onion powder and Asiago cheese for more flavor.
The basic biscuit ingredients are almond flour, eggs, salt and baking powder. If you would like to use different veggies or cheese please be my guest but note the carb count might change.
Keto Veggie Biscuit Recipe Instructions
Basically you want to saute the vegetables in a little olive oil and add the spinach, onion powder and garlic at the end. When this mixture cools, you mix it with the almond flour, eggs, baking powder and Asiago cheese to form the dough. Then you put spoonfuls of the dough on a parchment covered cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
Here are the instructions in a nutshell.
- In a skillet, add the olive oil, peppers, zucchini and mushrooms and cook until softened.
- Turn off the heat and mix in the spinach, garlic and onion powder and let cool.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs and then add in the flour, baking powder, Asiago cheese and salt.
- Fold in the cooked vegetable mixture and form a dough.
- Place spoonfuls of the dough on a parchment lined cookie tray and bake at 400°F oven for 10 minutes.
- Let cool before eating.
How To Freeze And Reheat These Low Carb Biscuits
These are great to freeze and then just reheat in the microwave oven for a quick low carb breakfast on the go. They make great snacks too.
To freeze, make sure they are have cooled down completely. Then just place them in a freezer container or a ziplock bag and freeze. To reheat place on a plate and microwave for 1 minute. If it’s not thoroughly heated through, just cook for 15 – 30 seconds more.
Recipes Notes And Tips
- You can change up the vegetables that you use but if you are counting carbs, make sure to use low carb vegetables.
- I added the raw garlic after cooking in the skillet to maximize the flavor. It will cook when you bake these biscuits.
- You can also substitute cheeses but note that the Asiago adds tons of flavor. You could substitute with parmesan cheese or another sharp cheese.
- I have been using blocks of cheese as opposed to bags of grated cheese. They have less carbs and taste better to me. The bagged cheeses use an additive that has a few extra carbs.
- I added gouda cheese on the top of the biscuits before cooking, however I don’t think they need it. You can use it or not.
If you have already made one of the other breakfast cookies or biscuits I hope you give this one a try. Let me know what you think about it because I think this one is the winner. The nutritional information for 1 serving is:
85 cals / 6.4g fat / 2.3g carbs / 1g fiber / 4.1g protein = 1.3g net carbs
You might also like my friend Zuzana’s keto almond flour biscuits.
Keto Veggie Breakfast Biscuit
If you are looking for a delicious way to eat your vegetables, try this keto veggie breakfast biscuit! They're very easy to make and you can freeze these low carb biscuits for a breakfast on the go. Each breakfast biscuit has only 85 calories and 1.3g net carbs.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup zucchini, diced
- ½ cup peppers, diced
- 2-3 mushrooms, diced
- ½ cup baby spinach chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup Asiago cheese, grated
- ½ cup gouda cheese, shredded (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a saute pan, add oil and heat up. Then add the zucchini, mushrooms, peppers, onion powder and salt. Saute until vegetables are soft.
Turn off heat and add the spinach and garlic. Mix well to combine and wilt the spinach. Let cool to room temperature.
In the meantime, add almond flour and baking powder to a large bowl. Mix well to combine.
Add eggs, Asiago cheese and vegetable mixture to make a stick dough.
Add a large tablespoon of doug to a parchment covered cookie sheet. Continue for all of the dough. This batch made 15 biscuits for me.
Optional -> sprinkle the gouda cheese on top of each biscuit. This isn't nessary as the bisuicts have so much flavor but you can do it if you wish.
Bake for 8-10 minutes until the biscuits are firm to the touch. Let cool before eating.