Whether you are going on a staycation or vacation this summer here are some keto travel snacks you take with you in the car on a plane. With a wide variety of keto foods available to buy I also have some recipes for easy keto snacks you make yourself.
You might also like keto egg fast post!
I just got back from vacation a couple weeks ago and realized that there are so many choices these days for buying low carb foods whether you are traveling by plane or car.
The problem is you never know if they are good or not and they can be kind of expensive. So today I have gathered a list of keto travel snacks you can buy or make yourself so you can stay on your keto diet even when traveling.
Simple keto foods to have on hand.
First of all you don’t have to order special keto snacks online or even cook your own if you don’t want to. Here are some simple food ideas that would work for your. You would probably need a cooler or insulated lunch bag but they are simple keto food ideas to try.
- hard boiled eggs
- cut up veggies and dip
- celery and cream cheese
- cheese, pepperoni, sliced turkey, ham, etc
- olives, avocados or raw nuts
- berries like strawberry, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries.
- dill pickles
Keto travel snacks you can buy for a road trip.
Below are some low carb snack ideas you can buy online. I researched them by their reviews. These are the higher rated keto snack foods you can buy and travel with.
- Keto Crisp Protein Bars – These low carb, high protein bars have an average 5 star rating. Reviewers stat “This is by far the best keto “sweet treat” for flavor and texture that I have found so far.”
- NuTrail Keto Nut Granola – This can be for breakfast or a snack. It has just 2g net carbs and 5g protein. It has an average rating of 4.5 stars but is said to be very tasty. It’s a bit expensive which I think was the reason for less stars but the taste was well liked.
- Sonoma Creamery Cheese Crisps – The has 4.5 star rating and comes a variety of flavors. These are great for those that like a salty snack. One serve has 5g carbs and 10g protein!
- CHOMPS Grass-fed Beef Sticks – This is a cleaner type of meat snack. It’s Whole30 approved and has 0 carbs, 4g protein and 40 calories for each mini stick. Also has a 4.5 star rating.
- OLOVES flavored olive snack packs – These come in 4 flavors like basil garlic and lemon rosemary. And they have 0 carbs and a 4.5 star rating.
- Julian Bakery thin crackers – These crunchy crackers have 5g net carbs for 6 crackers and a 4.5 star rating. Pair with some cheese which has no carbs and your set!
- Chocolate Bars – Lily’s has a wide variety of flavors and many are stevia sweetened I have not tried them but I love there keto chocolate chips. I really love Lindt 90% Dark Chocolate bars. They are not too sweet and very dense chocolate flavor.
Stores to buy low carb snacks for traveling.
You can find keto snacks just about anywhere these days. Aldi has a really nice selection as does Costco. But if you scour through your local grocery store you are likely to find many items that are labeled as keto.
Just make sure to check the nutritional labels and if you aren’t sure of how they taste, check them out on Amazon and read some of the ratings.
Brands like Quest and Atkins food products can usually be found at Walmart and Target as well as many national drugstores.
Below are a few sweets I’ve bought at Costco and liked. Check out this post on Costco meal prep to learn more.
Keto snack recipes to make for traveling.
If you want to save some money and make your own foods to take in the car on the plane here are 59 keto snack recipes to try. They are all fairly simple and pretty tasty if I say so myself.
There are sweet and savory ideas with everything from meat crackers to scones and homemade chocolates!
I hope this post helps you for the next time you travel. I personally like to have a few Quest Bars or pumpkin seeds in my backpack when I board a plane. While I also feel it’s nice to indulge when on vacation, I’d rather do that at a good restaurant than while on a plane or in the car!