If you have an abundance of zucchini from your garden you will love this collection of 46 keto recipes using zucchini. There is everything from soup to waffles to chocolate breakfast bread! All are easy recipes that will keep you going on your low carb diet.
You might also like these 77 keto summer side dishes.
Ironically my husband grows lots of zucchini and squash in his garden yet he won’t eat it. Nor will my son so that leaves me (who does love it) to come up with a variety of ways to cook it. Therefore I have a TON of zucchini recipes on this blog.
Today I have collected 46 keto recipes that use zucchini so if you too have a few squash hanging out on your kitchen counter you will know what to do with them.
All of these low carb zucchini recipes are easy to make and I have quite a variety. There are recipes for soup, waffles, casseroles, noodles, salads, quick breads and more. I hope you find something that you like that will help you on your keto diet.
The health benefits of zucchini.
Zucchini is a vary nutrient rich vegetable that is also low in calories and carbs. One cup of raw zucchini has just 19.6 calories, 2.4g net carbs and just 0.4g fat. (source)
Zucchini is nutrient rich in antioxidants and most of it is found in the skin. Cooked zucchini is high in vitamin A whereas raw has a little less. It’s also has quite a bit of potassium which may help with heart health. (learn more)
Because it is water and fiber content, zucchini is good for digestion and may help with weight loss. Over all this vegetable is great for those watching what they eat no matter what kind of diet they are on.
Ways you can prepare zucchini.
I love the versatility of this vegetable and all the health benefits. I have prepared zucchini in a variety of ways such as:
- zucchini noodles or noodles: With a good spiralizer you can make a variety of noodles and use them as a substitute for pasta or in salads. When using them for pasta, try to use a hearty or flavorful sauce for best results.
- grated: I used grated zucchini in both waffles and in quick breads. It’s best to squeeze out as much water as you can before adding to recipes. Just place in a tea towel and squeeze out the excess liquid so it won’t water down your recipe.
- chips: You can dehydrate slices to make vegetable chips. You can do this using a dehydrator or in the oven. Add all kinds of spices to add more flavor. These veggie chips have very few calories and carbs so they make a healthy snack.
- pureed: Puree zucchini to make soups or even hummus!
- roasted or sautéed: This is perhaps the easiest way to prepare zucchini. Toss zucchini with olive oil, onions and tomatoes and roast for a tasty side dish. Or you can saute them on the stove.
- stuff them: Slice a squash in half and clean out the middle. Then you can stuff them with meatballs, rice or whatever you want. Bake for a delicious stuffed zucchini boat.
- grilled or fried: In the summer they are great just grilled in long slices or as a veggie kebab. Or you can bread them with crushed pork panko and air fry zucchini for a crunchy snack.
Well on to our 46 keto zucchini recipes. I hope you find one or two that you really like. Enjoy!