Spring is almost here and so this week’s keto meal plan gives you 39 keto spring recipes. That means using Spring vegetables in season and making light, fresh keto recipes be that for breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert. These spring recipes have all the flavor but very few carbs for those on a low carb or keto diet.
Check out all of my weekly keto meal plans!
This week we’ve had real spring weather and that always fills me with energy and makes me want to eat light and fresh meals. So this week we are featuring 39 keto spring recipes using fresh seasonal ingredients.
First let’s go over what’s in season for spring and which low carb vegetables and fruits to use in your recipes. From there you can add your protein such of chicken, beef, pork or seafood and come up with many keto dinner ideas. Or many of these recipes are meat less meals you can eat on their own as a busy weeknight supper.
Why eat seasonal produce?
Eating fruits and vegetables that are in season tend to taste better because they were naturally ripened and harvested.
When they can be sourced from local producers, there are no transportation or storage costs so they are cheaper.
Also they are more nutritious because there is less time from when they are harvested to when they are at your grocery store. Nutrients tend to diminish when produce is stored for periods of time.
Keto spring vegetables and fruits to eat seasonally.
Below are a list of fruits and vegetables that are in season for Spring. They are all considered low carb and at their peak growing season so that usually means they taste their best.
- Artichokes: One medium artichoke has 4g net carbs. They’re high in fiber such as inulin.
- Arugula: High in fiber and many vitamin and minerals but low in calories and carbs. One cup has 0.5g net carbs and just 6 calories.
- Asparagus: One cup of cooked asparagus contains 4g net carbs and is high in vitamins A, C and K
- Fennel: One cup of raw fennel has only 3.6g net carbs and 27 calories and is high antioxidants.
- Kale: One cup of raw kale 6 g net carbs. It’s very high in both Vitamin’s A and C.
- Lemons: Fresh lemons are high in Vitamin C and fiber. One fluid oz had 3g net carbs and just 8 calories.
- Lettuce: One cup of lettuce has 1g net carbs. Romaine and dark green lettuces are high in Vitamins A, C and K and also high in folate.
- Parsley: Two tablespoons of fresh parsley has only 2 calories and 0.2g net carbs but it’s very high in Vitamin’s A, C and K.
- Radishes: One cup of raw radishes has 2g net carbs and is fairly high in Vitamin C.
- Spinach: One cup of raw fresh spinach contains 1 gram of carbs and is high in Vitamin K and many minerals.
- Spring Onion: These look similar to scallions or green onions, but a have small onion bulbs at the base. These onions are basically more mature versions of scallions. 50 grams has just 0.7g net carbs and they aid in digestion and contain Vitamin C and A.
- Strawberries: Strawberries are high in Vitamin C, folate, manganese and potassium. One half cups have 4.7g net carbs and just 27 calories.
- Turnips: One cup of raw turnips has only 6g net carbs and 36 calories. They are high in Vitamin C and their leaves are even more nutritious .
- Sources – The Spruce Eats and Healthline
And don’t forget about fresh herbs which add flavor and nutrition with very little if any carbs. Try them in a bright chimichurri sauce on tuna steaks or these turnip noodles with basil pesto sauce. Or use them with a simple spring vegetable side dish like this thyme zucchini with feta cheese dish.
See All Of My Keto Meal Plans!
Now let’s get to our keto spring recipes. There are lots of fresh and vegetable centric dishes. This selection should help you to plan some keto weeknight dinners with the main dishes listed below or by pairing some of the spring vegetable side dishes with any protein like pork chops, shrimp or chicken breasts.
So check all the colors and flavors and enjoy these low carb recipes! I how they help you on your weight loss journey or if you are just trying to have a more healthy diet and want to eat in season.
39 Keto Spring Recipes!
Below are 39 keto spring recipes using seasonal vegetables and creating light and fresh keto dishes. They are perfect for any one on a low carb diet.
Well I hope these low carb meals have inspired you to try some seasonal spring produce and incorporate them in your keto recipes! Enjoy all the colorful springtime dishes.
Leave a Reply