These lemon shrimp asparagus noodles are a delicious and healthy dinner. Perfect for a light, low carb dinner and only takes 15 minutes to make.
I’m a big fan of vegetable noodles. I often eat zucchini noodles while my family eats pasta. My husband does not like zucchini so he refuses to eat it. However he recently saw someone make asparagus noodles and said maybe he’d like that. What?! He wants to eat veggie noodles! Of course I will make you some! So when I came across a batch of big asparagus I pulled out my peeler and set to make these lemon shrimp asparagus noodles.
First of all, normally I would buy thinner asparagus because they are more tender and taste better to me. However for this recipe you really need those big asparagus stocks. That’s the only way you will be able to make them into noodles. I didn’t use my spiralizer today, and just used a regular potato peeler like this. You simply cut off the woody ends and the tips. I kept the tips and added it to the dish but you don’t have to use them. Then you just peel lengthwise to form beautiful ribbons of noodles.
Next you get some butter melting in a large skillet. Add to it a little garlic, lemon juice and lemon zest. Once the butter is melt and the garlic is starting to become fragrant, add in your cooked shrimp and toss around for a minute or two. Lastly toss in your asparagus noodles and cook for about 3-5 minutes. Top with grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese and you are ready to eat. In just 15 minutes and you have a healthy, delicious dinner.
Lemon Shrimp Asparagus Noodles
If you like veggie noodles I have a lot of recipes like my roasted veggie noodles or Asian veggie noodle salad. Scroll down for a few more to check out. So if you like asparagus, why don’t you try making some noodles out of it? Veggie noodles are so much fun to eat, tastes great and very good for you. Win-win-win. The nutritional information for 1 serving is:
253 cal / 16.7g fat / 4.4g carbs/ 1.1g fiber / 23.6g protein = 3.3g net carbs
- 1 lb thick asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon zested
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 oz. cooked shrimp
- 2 tablespoons Asiago or other sharp cheese, grated
- Clean asparagus by cutting off the woody ends and the tips. Reserve the tips for the dish if you wish to use them.
- Using a vegetable peeler, make ribbons of the asparagus to make your noodles. Set aside.
- In a large skillet melt butter and add crushed garlic.
- Let garlic sizzle for a minute or two.
- Add in the lemon juice, zest, salt and mix well.
- Add in the shrimp and cook for a minute or two to heat up.
- Place the asparagus noodles in the pan and saute until they start to wilt. About 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese and mix well and serve.
- Top with more cheese if you wish.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. FOR MORE INFO PLEASE VISIT OUR POLICIES PAGE.
A few more veggie noodle dishes!