St. Patrick’s Day is always a fun time of the year and today I have 24 keto St. Patrick’s Day recipes for our weekly keto meal plan. Whether you are looking for green keto sweets, soup, smoothies, drinks or dinners, it’s on this St. Patty’s list.
Check out all of my keto meal plans!
I don’t know about you but St. Patrick’s Day is a low key kind of holiday for us. We don’t go to many parties especially these days but it is fun to make green food!
So today I’m sharing any recipe that is remotely green that would be considered keto St. Patrick’s Day food. Below I have 24 keto recipes that you can serve on this holiday.
Some traditional St. Patrick’s Day foods and how to make them keto.
Before we get to that here is a list of more main stream recipes that people make for St. Patrick’s day and suggestions for making them low carb. Also here’s a good article about what to eat when in Ireland.
- colcannon – This classic dish is a mash of potatoes, cabbage (or kale) and butter (or cream) and spring onions. You could easily switch out the potatoes for cauliflower mash and the rest of the ingredients are pretty low carb.
- anything with Irish cream – It’s easy to make just about any drink, lower in carbs. You can buy a sugar free syrup like Torani’s Irish Cream or Jordan’s Skinny Syrup and then use that in your coffee or drink.
- green eggs and ham – These foods are naturally low carb. Just use spinach or any green vegetable for the “green” part of this dish and serve it with ham and eggs!
- anything with corned beef – Most corned beef is low carb (check packaging) and if you make it with cabbage it would be a low carb meal. If you use it in a hash, just substitute turnips or radishes for the potatoes.
- Irish stew – This stew is usually made with mutton, onions, potatoes and sometimes carrots. You could use mutton or beef, less onions and carrots and substitute turnips or radishes for the potatoes.
- shepherd’s pie – This dish usual made with ground beef and a topping of mashed potatoes. All you would need to do is make cauliflower mash instead of potatoes.
Now let’s look at those green St. Patrick’s Day keto recipes. One of my favorites is the chocolate four leaf clovers in the matcha smoothie bowl.