This tomato Asiago pork tenderloin is a rich and creamy skillet dinner that is only 3.6g net carbs per serving! Perfect for company, it takes 30 minutes start to finish.
As you may have noticed, I’m on a cream sauce kick. So much so I’m starting to get sick of them (haha)! However they do taste delicious so I have to admit this tomato Asiago pork tenderloin was very, very tasty. The creamy Asiago sauce is sweetened by the sun dried tomatoes and the spinach adds fresh color to the tender pork tenderloin. Best of all it only takes 30 minutes and it’s low carb!
This recipe came about because I had a pork tenderloin in the freezer and wanted to make my Creamy Pork and Apples dish but I didn’t have enough apples so I improvised and came up with this delicious dish. You start by cutting the pork tenderloin into pieces and then pounding them thin. I could have pounded mine thinner but I was in a hurry. I feel like the thinner pieces really stretches out the meal.
Next you brown the meat in a large skillet on both sides for a few minutes and take it out of the pan so you can make the sauce. Whisk the broth to get any brown bits if there are any and add your cream, cheese, garlic and tomatoes. Whisk again to melt the cheese. Then add the meat back, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the spinach in last and just let it wilt. Serve as is or over rice or past or eat it as is, like we did.
Tomato Asiago Pork Tenderloin Skillet
This is a quick recipe for you today because again I hadn’t intended to post this but it was so tasty I wanted to keep it in my “cookbook” here on my blog. This would be a great meal for company or maybe even on Valentine’s day. I hope you like it as much as we did and here is the nutrition per serving (based on 4 servings):
421 cals / 26.6g fat / 4.7g carbs / 1.1g fiber / 39.7g protein = 3.6g net carbs
- 1 package pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup beef stock or broth
- ½ cup cream
- ½ cup Asiago cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup baby spinach (tightly packed and chopped)
- Cut the pork tenderloin into ½ inch pieces and the pound each piece flat.
- In a large skillet heat the oil.
- Brown the pork on both sides, about 2-3 minutes each side.
- Take the pork out of the skillet and set aside.
- Add the broth, cream, cheese, garlic and tomatoes to the pan.
- Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to a simmer.
- Add the pork back into the pan and cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach back into the pan and mix until wilted.
- Serve as is or over pasta or rice.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. FOR MORE INFO PLEASE VISIT OUR POLICIES PAGE.
more delicious pork recipes to try!