This week’s meal plan is all about keto salad recipes and boy do I have some good ones for you! Below are 38 keto salad recipes ranging from slaws to non lettuce based picnic salads. I’ve also included my favorite keto salad dressings to go with all of these salads.
For more selection check out all of my salad recipes.
I love a good salad and generally have a big salad for lunch or dinner many days of the week. When I go to a restaurant, more often then not I’m going to get a grilled chicken salad or something like it. Not because I’m dieting but because I just love them.
So today I am sharing you 38 of my favorite keto salad recipes. Now I have over 60+ salad recipes on this blog but they aren’t all low carb so below I have selected a few different types of salads and they are all low carb.
I’ve also included many salads without lettuce that you would normally take to a party or serve at a picnic. That’s not to say you couldn’t make them for a meal. I often eat the broccoli cauliflower salad for a meal. I love that stuff!
How to make an awesome keto salad!
Below I’m going to share with you my go to salad formula that you can easily vary and make your own creations. Salads are great for a quick dinner. They are crunchy, tasty and very filling. Here is how I make my salads.
- Choose a base – Usually I use romaine lettuce but you can also try other lettuce varieties, spinach, kale, cabbage, or cauliflower rice.
- Add veggies for color and crunch – My go to veggies are radishes, cucumber, peppers and red onions. However you can try endive or red cabbage, zucchini, celery, green onions etc.
- Chose a protein – Use leftover chicken, hamburgers, steaks or any kind of meat you like. I keep frozen cooked chicken in the freezer as a go to. You can also try tuna fish (I prefer tuna packed in oil or albacore), salmon, shrimp, eggs, and or bacon.
- Add on toppings – This is the best part for me. I like to add nuts (almond slices, pecans or walnuts), seeds (pepitas, sunflower seeds), olives, pickled veggies, cheese (blue cheese, feta cheese, goat cheese, or other sharp cheese), herbs (fresh basil, oregano, mint, parsley, cilantro etc), or avocados.
- Lastly top with a delicious keto dressing.
Here are some of my favorite keto salad dressing recipes.
- blue cheese dressing
- homemade ranch dressing
- balsamic vinaigrette
- creamy parmesan dressing
- avocado lime dressing
- red roquefort dressing
Now let’s get to the low carb salad recipes. As I mentioned above, I’ve categorized them into slaws (like coleslaw), lettuce base salads and salads without lettuce (like faux-tato salad).
See All Of My Keto Meal Plans!
This next group of salad recipes all are what I usually eat most days. They all have a lettuce base with different toppings.
And this last list of keto salads are the type that don’t use any type of lettuce. They are the kind you would take to a picnic or party. But that doesn’t mean you can’t eat them for a meal instead of at a picnic.
Well that is all I have for you today. I think there are salads in these lists for just about any occasion.
Remember you can get a good amount of your daily vegetable servings in a big salad meal. Though I just eat salads because I love the variety of flavors and the crunchy texture. Enjoy!