A quick and easy creamy southwestern coleslaw that is both Paleo and low carb. A delicious addition to your summer salads and picnic recipes!
I made some zesty garlic pulled pork in my slow cooker the other day and it was out of this world. Really it was quite good. I used limes and salt and lots and lots of garlic. Anyway I thought that this coleslaw would go perfectly with the zest and spice of the pork. I’m not a huge fan of the sweetness of traditional coleslaw so I added some southwestern flavors for a different twist. And I wanted to make this a low carb dinner so the slaw and pork fit the bill.
Since this is coleslaw and not rocket science, I’ll make this a quick post for you all today. The veggies involved are savoy cabbage, red peppers, carrots and red onions. The dressing is mayo, limes, coconut sugar and few spices. Mix everything together for a delicious crunchy slaw.
Creamy Southwestern Coleslaw
Better yet, let it sit over night and let the veggies soften and marinade and enjoy it the second day. I couldn’t stop eating it so I hope you enjoy this very quick and easy coleslaw as much as we did.
- ½ head of savoy cabbage shredded
- 1 cup carrots grated
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large mixing bowl, add your cabbage, pepper, onion and carrots. Mix well.
- In a small bowl mix mayonnaise, lime juice, sugar and spices. Mix well.
- Add dressing to cabbage and toss until everything is well coated.
- Refrigerate for a few hours to let the cabbage soften.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. FOR MORE INFO PLEASE VISIT OUR POLICIES PAGE.
More great summer salads!