Whether you are new to veggie noodles or have been eating them for years, you will love this vast selection of veggie noodle recipes.
I love myspiralizer and I've been making vegetable noodles from asparagus to zucchini.
Below I have more than 30 veggie noodle recipes that are really simple to make and more importantly they are full of flavor. Most of them are low carb too.
different types of veggie noodles
- zucchini noodles - Sometimes people refer to these as "zoodles". This is probably the most popular vegetable to make noodles out of. I really like making wide noodle pasta from zucchini.
- cabbage noodles - I don't think many people realize how good cabbage is when made into a noodle. I especially like it in Asian recipes.
- asparagus noodles - If you like asparagus you will really like making noodles out of it. Lemon and cream go nicely with asparagus veggie noodles and it's a good way to use those really thick stalks you sometimes get.
- beet noodles - Beets are a little higher in carbs so I don't make them as much any more but they are delicious. Especially paired with walnuts and goat cheese.
- turnips - I am really loving turnip noodles because they are low carb and have a nice starchy taste. It needs a good strong flavor though like garlic or lemon.
- butternut squash - This too is a little higher in carbs than I like to eat these days but they make great noodles. I made a coconut Thai curry sauce and the heat and spices went great with the slightly sweet butternut squash noodles.
- spaghetti squash - These also have a bit of sweetness and but it goes great with a red pasta sauce. I 've even made a Mexican and a breakfast casserole out of it.
- cucumbers - Another low carb vegetable to make noodles out of but they tend to have a lot of water. Therefore I like to use them cold and in salads.
So you can see I've tried a lot of different vegetables to make noodles out of and the best thing is that you get that noodle text without many calories, carbs nor wheat. They are naturally gluten free!
And let's not forget how good vegetables are for you. So if you are new to vegetable noodles I hope you give one of these healthy recipes a try and if you are an old pro, I hope you find something new.