If you haven’t tried zucchini noodles yet, here are 7 delicious recipes to try! Most are low carb and all are tasty. Zoodles make for a healthy, gluten free alternative to pasta. Check them out!
Why Zucchini is good for you
I eat zucchini because it’s a good gluten free substitute for pasta, however as a vegetable is very good for you because it’s:
- high in antioxidants and vitamin C
- low in calories and carbs (roughly 32 cals and 4.4g net carbs in a medium zucchini)
- hydrating and aids in digestion
- high in potassium
- a good source of B vitamins
Read more about the benefits of zucchini here on Dr. Axe.
How to make zucchini noodles
I have quite a few ways I make my “zoodles”. I have two spiralizers and a couple of hand held peelers. My favorite tools are:
- Saladacco spiral slicer (see #1) – this particular one makes very thin angel hair type noodles. It’s my oldest one but I like it for turnip noodles.
- julienne peeler (see #2)– these vegetable noodles are what I mainly used in this recipe. It’s convenient because it’s handheld and it make nice, sturdy but thin noodles.
- Paderno spiralizer (see #3) – this one makes a few different sizes of vegetable noodles. It’s big and a bit bulky but it makes great thick fettuccini noodles in minutes. I like it for my butternut squash noodles.
- standard vegetable peeler (see #4) – I like to use this one for wide zucchini noodles. I have really been enjoying these noodles lately.
These are the types of squash noodles I make the most
Now let’s get on to our 7 delicious zucchini noodle recipes! Below are just a few of the ways I use zucchini or squash noodles in my dishes. I hope you like them as much as my family does.
This meal of wide zucchini with sausage & peppers is a delicious and easy low carb pasta dish for any day of the week. One serving has 196 cals and 6.4g net carbs.
Who would know low carb zucchini noodles carbonara could taste so good! This easy low carb pasta dish takes less than 20 minutes to make and is so rich and creamy you will really enjoy the veggie noodles!
You can make zucchini or squash noodles with lemon Parmesan in just 10 minutes. It’s a healthy and very flavorful dish that won’t make you miss the pasta.
This easy zucchini lasagna soup is like eating gluten free lasagna in a bowl. Meat sauce, zucchini noodles and lots of cheesy goodness for a heart warming meal.
These easy creamy sun dried tomato & basil zoodles only take 15 minutes to make. The zucchini noodles have a creamy garlic, basil and sun dried tomatoes sauce that is decadent and delicious.
These herb stuffed zucchini rolls are much like a cheese stuffed ravioli but without the pasta. It’s a delicious gluten free, vegetarian meatless meal!
This Greek Zucchini Salad is the perfect substitute for a pasta salad when you are on a Paleo or gluten free diet. Delicious and nutritious!
Well I hope you enjoyed this selection of zucchini noodle recipes. They really are delicious, healthy and alot of fun to eat. I hope you give one or two a try!