If you are rushed for time or just trying to make meal planning easy when on a low carb diet, check out these double duty keto dinner ideas. I’m also sharing with you my easy keto recipe ideas & tips with common foods you probably already have at home.
You might also like these 11 easy keto recipes with just 5 ingredients.
Whether you are stuck at home or just have a really busy week coming up, today I’m sharing with you some double duty keto dinner ideas. These are mostly slow cooker or large roast recipes that you can eat a couple different ways for other meals that week.
I also have some easy keto recipe ideas you can make from common foods you probably have in your refrigerator, freezer or pantry. These are recipes I often make for myself or my family when I don’t have much time to make dinner. I hope these ideas will be some help to you!
WHAT I MAKE FOR A QUICK KETO DINNER
Whenever I don’t have something planned to eat or I didn’t get to the grocery store, these are a few of the keto meals that I make. Hopefully theses ideas will show you how to make an easy but tasty keto dinner with common foods you have in your home.
BREAKFAST FOR DINNER – EGGS, OMELETS & FRITTATAS
I fyour family likes eggs, omelets or frittatas you are lucky because these are easy keto dinners. Unfortunately mine does not like eggs but I love them so I often make these for myself when I have nothing else going for dinner.
BASIC OMELET TECHNIQUE
Here is the gist of how to make yummy low carb omelets.
- Add a teaspoon of butter to an omelet pan and wait until it starts to melt and sizzle.
- Meanwhile whisk 3 eggs and whatever herbs or spices you are using and pour into the sizzling pan.
- Next cover the pan with a lid and turn the heat down to medium low.
- After a few minutes take off the lid and add the cheese and cover again.
- When a few minutes have passed, take off the lid and make sure the omelet is cooked through.
- Slide off the pan and fold it onto a plate.
Here are a few other recipes that are quick and easy low carb breakfast ideas for dinner.
VERSATILE LOW CARB CAULIFLOWER RICE
If you have a head of cauliflower or bags of cauliflower rice, you can use it to make a lot of different meals. Here are a bunch of cauliflower rice recipes that are really easy, quick and come in a variety of flavors. Whether you need a side dish or you want to eat it as a meal these recipes will be tasty and of course low carb.
HOW TO MAKE QUICK CAULIFLOWER RICE
Add cauliflower florets to a food processor and pulse until it looks like little grains of rice. To cook it just saute in a little butter or olive oil along with some spices, nuts, cheese, cream, etc to give it flavor. You can make a full dinner in less than 10 minutes.
THINGS TO PUT IN CAULIFLOWER RICE
- different sauces using cream & parmesan (alfredo), low carb marinara sauce, balsamic vinegar & butter, beef brother & cream, etc.
- herbs and spices like garlic, Italian seasonings and tomatoes (Italian), garlic, ginger, soy and cilantro (Asian), cumin, chili powder and tomatoes (Mexican)
- different cooked proteins like tuna, shrimp, ground beef, chicken, pork, etc.
- nuts and cheeses like walnuts and goat cheese, pine nuts & sun-dried tomatoes, pecans & blue cheese, etc.
- vegetables like peppers and onions, spinach, broccoli and cheese, tomatoes and mozzarella, etc.
EASY LOW CARB SOUP Formula
I have become a really good soup maker. It’s such an easy low carb meal or just to have on hand for lunches. Here are some of my soup tips that will help you throw together a tasty soup in little time.
My go to formula for easy low carb soup is:
water + Better than Bouillon + garlic & spices + meat + vegetables + cheese
So for an Italian flavor I would use water, Better than Bouillon (beef or chicken) + garlic, onion powder & Italian seasoning + ground beef, Italian sausage or meatballs + canned tomatoes + frozen mixed vegetables or whatever I have in the refrigerator.
For a Mexican flavor I would use water, Better than Bouillon (beef or chicken) + garlic, cumin, chili powder & onion powder + ground beef or chicken + canned tomatoes + frozen vegetables + cheddar cheese on top.
OTHER SOUP FLAVOR TIPS
- I used a spice blend that I made for my Italian sausage recipe. The spices can be used on chopped mushrooms or ground beef to mimic sausage which has lots of flavor. Or you can just use sausages like Italian sausage which has tons of flavor.
- I’ve mentioned this many, many times in my posts, I love Better than Bouillon for adding tons of flavor to soup recipes compared to canned broth. I use these bases in most of my soup recipes.
- Sometimes I use Parmesan cheese at the end of the recipe because it adds virtually no carbs but lots of flavor.
- Chopped canned tomatoes make a great tasting broth. Add a little garlic and Italian seasoning to add even more flavor.
- What you put in your soup can add flavor too like cooked meats (chicken, meatballs, sausage, ground beef), cheeses (cheddar, asiago, parmesan), eggs (beat an egg and stream into boiling broth), veggie noodles (zucchini & cabbage noodles are great in tomato broths), store bought cheese crisps (let these melt on top).
I have over 35 low carb soup recipes on this blog so you can get some keto dinner ideas looking through them.
How I make LOW CARB CASSEROLES
Casseroles are great because you make them in one pan, they are very tasty, and leftovers can be frozen or eaten the next day.
My basic recipe for making is casserole is this.
cooked meat + precooked vegetables + some kind of sauce + top with cheese -> bake.
So for a buffalo flavored casserole you would:
Take cooked chicken + cooked cauliflower and mix with cream cheese, hot sauce and garlic then top with cheddar and bake.
An Italian flavored casserole you would:
Take browned ground beef + vegetable of choice like zucchini or cauliflower and mix with low carb marinara sauce then top with mozzarella and bake.
A Mexican flavored casserole you would:
Take beef, chicken, or pork and mix with peppers or cauliflower rice etc and mix with cheese sauce and cumin, chili powder and then top with cheese.
Here are a few easy keto casserole recipes that you can make and eat for a few days.
DOUBLE DUTY KETO MEALS
These are the meals that you can make for dinner one night and then repurpose them for more meals. The things to think about making with them are:
- Can I use them in a different way? Like eating them over cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles.
- Can I make a soup out of the leftovers? Add some broth and other ingredients (check of tips above) and make it a soup?
- How can I make this into a casserole? Again add some vegetables, sauce and cheese and bake it to make a casserole.
- Try making sandwiches, tacos, or nachos with leftover roasts.
- You can also use most roasts and meats on a salad. Add a good dressing and cheese for more flavor.
Well I hope you enjoyed these double duty keto dinner ideas and recipe tips. These are just a few of the ways I make quick & easy low carb dinners for me and my family. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. I’m always here to help if I can.