If you are a fan of eggs, they you are going to love this week’s meal plan which features 21 keto egg recipes. Eggs are the perfect food to eat not only for breakfast but for lunch and dinner as well. They are economical, easy to prepare, low carb and a great source of protein.
Check out all of our weekly keto menu plans!
Eggs are one of my favorite low carb high protein foods. They are nutritious, inexpensive and you can make just about anything with them.
Today I’ve gathered 21 keto egg recipes to share with you. Most of these are breakfast recipes but some you can eat at any time of the day.
And I’ll also show you the easiest way to make an omelet as well as tell you why eggs are great for those on a keto diet.
Why eat eggs on a keto diet?
Eggs are highly considered one of the healthiest and certainly one of most versatile foods to eat on any diet. Some reasons to eat eggs on a keto diet are:
- Eggs are low carb and high protein with just 1g net carbs and 6g of protein in one egg.
- Eggs are inexpensive and an easily available food to buy just about anywhere.
- There are many ways to eat eggs. Some examples are fried, poached, boiled and scrambled. Also they can be made into omelets, quiches, frittatas, muffins, wraps, crepes, meringues and noodles.
- You can cook eggs quickly and easily.
- Eggs contain just a little bit of almost every nutrient such as Vitamins A, B2, B5, B6, B12, D, E, K, calcium and zinc. (source)
The easiest way to make an omelet.
This is the easiest way to prepare eggs in my opinion. I learned it while reading a fiction book for my book club! They come out perfect every time.
- Add a teaspoon of butter to a small skillet or omelet pan (about 8″ in diameter) and wait until it starts to melt and sizzle.
- Meanwhile whisk 3 eggs and whatever herbs or spices you are using and pour into the sizzling pan.
- Next cover the pan with a lid and turn the heat down to medium low.
- After a few minutes take off the lid and add the cheese if using and cover again.
- When a few minutes have passed, take off the lid and make sure the omelet is cooked through.
- Slide off the pan and fold it onto a plate. (Check this post for 5 keto omelet flavor combinations.)
Well I hope I have convinced you to try add a few more eggs to your diet. Below are 21 keto recipes with eggs. And remember eggs are not just for breakfast. You can eat them for just about every meal.
I hope you enjoy this week’s meal plan! If you have any requests for themes of future meal plans, please leave a comment below.