If you are in the mood for something creamy and cheesy, try these low carb chicken crepes with cream sauce. This dish is a low carb dinner that’s high in protein and has only 1.8g net carbs per serving. So if you have some leftover chicken, try these low carb savory crepes.
You might also like this low carb creamy chicken dinner with mushrooms and spinach sauce.
Do you have food memories? I remember having savory chicken crepes back when I was a young girl and loving it. I think it might have been at a shower or brunch but that was probably the last time I’ve had them. For some reason this memory surfaced and I thought I could easily make them low carb.
Using my egg crepes from past recipes I made these low carb chicken crepes with cream sauce and they were delicious! These savory crepes are filled with chicken and cheese and topped with more cheese and each is only 1.8g net carbs.
Way To Use Eggs For Low Carb Recipes
I am digging eggs as substitutes for many things. I use them as a pizza base (pepperoni pizza frittata), as lasagna noodles (low carb lasagna), as noodles (sausage & egg noodles), as wraps (turkey & herb wrap) and now as crepes.
How To Make Savory Low Carb Crepes
These egg crepes are very easy to make and great for savory dishes. All you need is two frying pans, eggs and cooking spray.
- Heat both a small frying pan and another larger frying pan on medium heat. Spray both with cooking spray.
- Then beat one egg and add to the smaller pan. Swirl in pan so the egg is covering the whole surface.
- When it’s almost cooked, loosen the edges with a spatula and then flip over the pan, into the larger pan to cook for a minute.
- Repeat to make more crepes. This whole process will take only a few minutes.
Now to make the rest of the recipe.
Low Carb Chicken Crepes With Cream Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make 8 egg crepes using the directions above.
- Mix the cooked chicken with ¾ cup of cheese, salt, pepper and chiles.
- Fill each crepe with the chicken mixture, roll up and place in a sprayed baking dish.
- Repeat until all crepes are filled.
- Pour heavy cream over top and sprinkle remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
You could also use a low carb crepe recipe with this but I was trying to keep it simple and use just few ingredients. Since my husband does not eat eggs I was able to freeze half of these for later. They were the perfect comfort food for a cold winter day!
I hope you like these as much as me and the nutritional information for 1 serving is:
302 cals / 20.9g fat / 1.9g carbs / 0.1g fiber / 25.7g protein = 1.8g net carbs
Creamy Chicken Crepes (low carb)
If you are in the mood for something creamy and cheesy, try this easy creamy chicken crepes. This low carb dinner is high in protein and has only 1.8g net carbs per serving.
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups chicken, cooked, chopped
- 1 ½ cups gruyere cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup green chilis (canned)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup heavy cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
To make the egg crepes:
Spray both a small frying pan and medium frying pan and heat on the stove to a medium heat.
Beat 1 egg and pour into smaller frying pan. Swirl to coat the bottom. When the bottom is cooked but not all of the top, loosen the edges with a spatula and flip into the larger frying pan. Let cook for a minute or two and then set aside to cool.
Repeat process for all 8 eggs.
To make the chicken crepes:
Mix the chicken, half of the cheese, chiles, salt and pepper.
Fill each crepe with the chicken mixture, roll up and place in a sprayed baking dish. I used a 9x9 pan.
Pour cream over top of crepes and then sprinkle the other half of the cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes and let cool a bit before eating.