It’s the new year and today I wanted to share with you my most popular low carb recipes of 2019. If you follow my blog you know that most of my recipes are rather simple and approachable so I’m sure you can find an easy low carb recipe that will fit your life with this list.
You might also like 12 easy low carb breakfast ideas to grab and go!
I don’t know about you but come January 1st I’m ready to get back to the basics of low carb eating. I’ve indulged over the holidays and I have to admit I’m actually sick of all the sweet things I’ve been eating. With this top 10 low carb list I think you can find a few recipes to get you started back on a healthy way of eating.
Also I’m excited to be raffling off a GoWise 5QT air fryer! Just scroll to the bottom to learn more.
My top 10 FAVORITE low carb ingredients
Below are the top 10 low carb ingredients that I use in a lot of my cooking. They are common ingredients and I’ll share how I use them.
- Cauliflower – I use cauliflower in so many different ways.
- Pulse the florets in a food processor to make rice and then saute with herbs, spices, cheeses, vegetables, meat, etc for a quick meal.
- Puree cooked cauliflower with oil and spices to make a cream sauce for soups like this chicken and broccoli soup and casseroles.
- Chopped cauliflower makes a great filler to stretch the servings in a casserole.
- It’s also tasty roasted or fried.
- Cream cheese & Cream – Another low carb staple in my cooking.
- Ground Beef – Ground beef isn’t just for burgers.
- Use it in stir fries, casseroles, soups and more.
- I even like it for taco salads, meatballs and meatloaf.
- Here are 27 keto ground beef recipes to try.
- Eggs – Eggs are always an easy low carb meal.
- Pork Rinds – While I don’t like to eat pork rinds as is I do use them a lot.
- They are great as a breading substitute. Just add some parmesan cheese and spices and you can bread just about anything.
- Makes for a great topping on casseroles.
- It also gets nice and crunchy when fried or baked. Here are all the recipes I use pork rinds in.
- Rotisserie chicken – Another staple in my low carb bag of tricks. Store chopped rotisserie chicken in the freezer for quick soups and casseroles.
- Salad/Lettuce – I eat a big salad for dinner many nights a week. All you need to do is add some of the following to make a delicious low carb meal: chicken, tuna, beef, cold cuts, shrimp, cheeses, olives, pickles, nuts or seeds. Then top it with your favorite dressing and you are good to go. This bacon blue cheese burger salad is one of my go to dinners.
- Better than Bouillon – This is my secret ingredient to make soups taste delicious. I am starting to use it more in sauces and gravies too. I always have at least two flavors on hand at all times. Check out all these low carb soup recipes!
- Nuts & Seeds – These both make great snacks eaten roasted or raw. They are nutrient dense and very filling.
- It’s easy to make nut and seed butters and when mixed with protein powder or sweetener makes a tasty fat bomb.
- Try nuts in salads or in breads, cookies, desserts and even cauliflower rice.
- These sugar free keto candied pecans are my new favor sweet snack that is easy and filling.
- Parmesan cheese – I use Parmesan cheese a lot.
- Mix it with pork rinds or almond flour for breading.
- Parmesan cheese is also good in meatloaf and meatballs.
- It’s also delicious on roasted vegetables, in soups and to make a good cheese sauce.
- I have over 90 recipes that use parmesan cheese.
Now let’s look at those popular low carb recipes!
All of these recipes are easy and tasty and I’m sure they will become favorites of yours. Many of these keto recipes are great for meal prep. Just make a batch and freeze for quick breakfasts, snacks or even lunches.
Well I hope you enjoyed my top 10 popular low carb recipes of 2019! If you have any special recipes you want to know how to make, please let me know in the comments below. And make sure to save the Pin below if you like this post! Here’s to a wonderful 2020!!
I thought to start the year off we could all use a new air fryer! I’m raffling a GoWise 5 Quart Air Fryer with 8 Cook Presets and recipe book. You can check it out here.
To enter the raffle: Fill out this very short survey.
- You can only enter once.
- You must live within the continental US.
- You must fill out the short survey.
- The raffle ends Jan 14th at 11.59pm EST.
- Please let me know if you have any questions.