If you are looking for new soup recipes to keep you warm this winter, try this week’s keto meal plan which is all about keto soup recipes! While I have over 40 soup recipes on this blog, this collection is my 15 most popular keto soup recipes.
For more selection, check out all of my soup recipes!
If there is one thing I really learned how to make over the years, it’s soup. I have made so many different kinds of soup and IMO they all have great flavor. That’s why this week it’s all about keto soup recipes.
My husband just loves my soups and even my son get’s excited for my wedding soup. Below I will also share with you my easy soup flavor tips and show you my formula for making a quick and tasty low carb soup.
My formula for making a tasty yet easy keto soup.
Often when I’m in the mood for a quick soup for lunch or dinner, I use this basic formula.
frozen veggies + some type of meat + Better than Bouillon base + broth + herbs and spices
You don’t even need measurements. Just visually add as much as you think would be good of each component and keep tasting.
For example if I was in the mood for a keto taco soup,
- I would use ground beef, ground turkey or chicken chunks. I would then cook/brown them in the soup pan with lots of spices (cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, oregano, etc).
- Next I would add the broth, Better than Bouillon, frozen veggies and simmer until everything is cooked through. Sometimes like for this recipe, I would even add a can of chopped tomatoes along with the broth.
- Along the way I would taste it and adjust the flavors. Does it need more broth? More spices, salt or pepper? Do you need more vegetables or meat?
- And when it’s done, I might top my bowl of soup with cheddar cheese, sour cream, jalapenos, chopped green onions or fresh cilantro, etc. All of these add even more flavor.
Low Carb Soup Flavor Tips
- Uses herbs and spices to add flavor without many carbs. I use a spice blend that I made for my Italian sausage recipe on some chopped mushrooms to give them a sausage flavor without using meat. You can also try taco spices, curry powder and curry pastes which can add so much flavor.
- I mentioned this many, many times in my posts, I love Better than Bouillon for adding tons of taste to soup recipes. They have various flavors and very few carbs for a lot of taste.
- Try cauliflower cream to make soups creamy and to thicken them. It’s very easy and you can see how I make it in this pot pie post. Other thickeners to try is xanthan gum, glucomannan powder or Thick-It-Up.
- Buy rotisserie chicken, clean off the meat and freeze it in 1 cup portions for soup. Then take the bones, throw it in a slow cooker along with water, spices and vegetables for 24 hours to make bone broth.
- You can use Parmesan cheese to most tomato based recipes as it adds virtually no carbs and again adds another layer of flavor.
- If a recipe calls for crushed garlic, sometimes I add it at the last few minutes of the cooking, This really keeps that garlic flavor in the forefront.
You will learn more soup making tips in these following recipes. I hope you enjoy them and they bring you some comfort on those cold days.
Keto Meal Plan 11 - Keto Soup Recipes
If you are looking for a new go to keto soup recipe, this week's keto meal plan is all about soups. I've included my most popular and tastiest low carb soup recipes below.
Easy Low Carb Chicken Pot Pie Soup
This is my most popular soup recipe right now. It uses cauliflower cream to thicken it and make a creamy texture.
Tasty Low Calorie Low Carb Vegetable Soup Recipe
This is also one of my most popular recipes because it's much like the cabbabe soup diet type of soup except it has WAY more flavor. Also it's low calorie as well as low carb.
Creamy Chicken & Spinach Soup - Keto & Low Carb Soup
This is another low calorie and low carb soup. It's aslo very healthy with the cauliflower cream and spinach.
Easy Ham and Cabbage Soup
This recipe is very popular after the holidays because you can use leftover ham!
Low Carb Creamy Broccoli Cauliflower Soup in the Instant Pot
Everyone loves a creamy broccoli soup and this one is made in the Instant Pot!
Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Soup - a low carb, rich and tasty soup!
This is one of my most tastiest soup recipes. I love the creamy sun dried tomatoes and spinach flavor combination.
Low Carb Jambalaya Soup
This definitely a meal in a cup kind of soup. It's loaded with veggies, shrimp sausage and chicken. So good!
Keto Seafood Chowder - easy, creamy soup!
This is a new recipe but so many people have said they love it.
Paleo Clam Chowder with Cauliflower Cream - A healthy, hearty soup!
This is an older recipe but still one of my favorites. It's one of my first recipes to use cauliflower cream in a soup.
Keto Pumpkin Soup with Sausage & Kale
The pumpkin in this soup adds a sweetness as well as thickness and of course there are nutrtional benefits!
Thai Curry Zucchini Soup (Instant Pot or Slow Cooker)
You only need a few ingredients for this recipe and you make it in the Instant Pot. If you like Thai curry you will love this.
Tasty Low Carb Taco Soup - A big pot in 30 minutes!
This is the kind of recipe I make all the time. LIke I mentioned in the post, I usually just wing this one. It always comes out delicious!
Easy Sausage & Peppers Soup - a low carb & paleo soup for Fall!
This is one of my hubby's favorite flavor combinations - peppers and sausage. It works great is soup!
Keto Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe - Low calorie vegetarian soup
This is pure comfort food to me. Reminds me of my childhood except it's homemade and not from a can!
Easy Thai Coconut Curry Soup with Shrimp - low carb and filling!
This soup is not only super flavorful but it's also very warming.
Leave a Reply