This Paleo coconut crusted chicken is a delicious and healthy dish you can make in less than 30 minutes and has only 4.7g net carbs.
My hubby and son love cutlets. Often I make a traditional pork cutlet for them but since I like to eat low carb or Paleo I made these Paleo Coconut Crusted Chicken cutlets for me. Using almond flour, unsweetened coconut and spices, I made an easy, tasty chicken cutlet that we all liked. My hubby and son didn’t miss their breadcrumb coating. Yeah!
For almond flour I really like Honeyville because they use blanched almonds to make a finer flour. But I’ve also used Blue Diamond too. Both can be found on Amazon and sometimes Costco. If you find you like using almond flour I would recommend buying big bags at a warehouse club or online. I was in my local grocery story and found a 1 lb bag for the same cost of a 3 lb bag at Costco.
To make this dish try to get some thin sliced chicken breasts or you can cut your own. To do that, place the chicken breast on a cutting board and put on hand on the top and hold it down as you slice through the middle like you would a bagel. Then pound each piece thin between pieces of plastic wrap using a meat mallet or heavy pan. It’s much easier to just buy thinly sliced breasts if you can find them. The breading is coconut, almond flour and spices. First you dip it in egg and then the flour mixture and then fry both sides in a skillet.
Paleo Coconut Crusted Chicken
I would have loved to use coconut oil to saute these cutlets in but my son has an aversion to it. Coconut oil is great for frying and gives it added coconut flavor so if you have some use it. I hope you like this easy Paleo dish and the nutrition per serving is:
333 cals / 19.4g fat / 6.9g carbs / 2.2g fiber / 33.2g protein= 4.7g net carbs
- ½ cup coconut
- ½ almond flour
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder
- salt and pepper
- 4 thin chicken breasts (2 regular sliced in half)
- 2 Tablespoons oil (use coconut oil for more coconut flavor)
- 1 egg
- In a shallow bowl add your egg and beat it.
- In another shallow bowl add your almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. Mix to combine.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over your cutlets then dip in the egg and then the flour mixture.
- Coat both sides and place on a plate.
- In a large skillet, add oil and heat to medium high.
- Add your chicken, turn the heat to medium and brown both sides. Approximately 3-5 minutes per side.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information please visit our policies page.
If you find you like this almond flour breading, please check out my Chicken Romano with Lemon Butter or Lemon Romano Pork Cutlets. They use Romano cheese so not strictly Paleo but low carb. I personally LOVE the Romano chicken.