Satisfy your sweet tooth with this salted caramel keto milkshake. It only has 4 ingredients and you can whip it up in minutes for a decadent keto dessert. Best of all this low carb milkshake is rich and creamy and only has 2.5g net carbs. This recipe was sponsored by Torani. All opinions are my own. #SugarFreeStart #Torani
You might also like this low carb caramel coffee recipe!
Since I’ve started the new year I have cut back on sweets, especially baked goods. But I do love something sweet and this salted caramel keto milkshake has been a lifesaver. And there is no vanilla ice cream involved!
You only need a few ingredients to make this deliciously creamy caramel flavored drink that will save on carbs and calories but doesn’t skimp on flavor.
This sugar free shake is one of my favorite recipes to start the new year. It will keep me on track yet make me feel like I’m splurging.
Recipe ingredients I used.
All you need for this delicious low carb shake is heavy cream, sugar free vanilla pudding, almond milk, Torani Sugar Free Caramel Syrup and a pinch of salt.
As you know I use Torani syrups in many of my low carb recipes. I love them because they add so much flavor without calories or carbs and they have a great selection of sugar free flavors so you don’t need to use additional sweeteners.
You can find Torani Sugar Free Syrups at select Sam’s Club locations.
If you are dairy free or have a dairy intolerance, you can substitute coconut cream instead of the heavy cream. Make sure it’s coconut cream and not just unsweetened coconut milk. You could also try using an avocado.
How to make a salted caramel keto milkshake.
Step 1: It’s best to use a high speed blender for this recipe. First add the heavy cream and vanilla pudding to the blender container.
Step 2: Blend on high until it gets nice and thick like whipped cream. Then add the rest of the milkshake ingredients to the blender – ice, almond milk, Torani syrup and a pinch of salt. Blend on high until smooth and there are no chunks of ice.
Step 3: Pour into 2 glasses (or 1 tall glass) and if you want, add some flavored whipped cream. (Please scroll down for the printable recipe card.)
Optional: To make the caramel flavored whipped cream, add some heavy cream and a few tablespoons of the caramel syrup to a mixing bowl and beat until nice and creamy.
Spoon onto your keto milkshakes and save the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- You can add a bit of chocolate flavor with some cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder to make a chocolate shake. You can also garnish with some keto chocolate chips or chocolate shavings from a low carb chocolate bar.
- Try adding some protein powder to your keto shake and drink this as a breakfast smoothie or after a workout.
- You can use the leftover whipped cream in coffee, hot cocoa or on a low carb dessert.
- If you have xanthan gum or glucomannan powder you can pour in a teaspoon of it while blending to add more thickness. Both will give your shake more of a smooth and creamy texture.
Other ways to use Torani Sugar Free Syrups.
I love Torani syrups because they are super easy to use and you can create so many delicious recipes. Here are some of my favorite ways to use them.
- Add to a cup of coffee, hot chocolate or tea.
- Use in smoothies, shakes and protein drinks.
- Make flavored iced tea. Just mix iced tea with lemon juice and a fruity Torani Sugar Free Syrup.
- Use in making keto cocktails or add to seltzer waters to make your own soda.
- Flavor keto oatmeal, chia pudding or cereals.
- Cook with berries to make a topping for keto cheesecake, tarts or chia seed pudding.
You don’t have to wait for a hot summer day to make this salted caramel keto milkshake. It’s perfect for when you are craving a sweet treat and it’s so easy to make. Plus you can use any flavor of Torani Sugar Free Syrups that you want to mix it up a bit. Enjoy!
This recipe makes 2 sugar free milkshakes and the nutritional information for 1 is: 218 calories / 20.6g fat / 2.7g carbs / 0.2g fiber / 0.2g protein = 2.5g net carbs
If you make the optional flavored whipped cream it will add a few calories to your shake but not any carbs.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar free vanilla pudding
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3-4 tablespoons Torani Sugar Free Caramel Syrup
- a pinch of salt
- Add heavy cream and pudding to the blender container and blend on high for 30 seconds or so until it thickens.
- Add the ice cubes and the rest of the ingredients and blend on high until the ice has been crushed and you have your nice thick milkshake. Taste and add more syrup if you want it sweeter.
- This recipe makes 2 smaller sized milkshakes.
- Optional: You can add 1 cup heavy cream to a mixing bowl along with the 2-4 tablespoons sugar free caramel sauce and whip until light and fluffy. Add to top of the milkshake and save leftovers in the refrigerator for coffee, cocoa or desserts.
This recipe makes 2 sugar free milk shakes and the nutrtional information for 1 is 218 calories / 20.6g fat / 2.7g carbs / 0.2g fiber / 0.2g protein = 2.5g net carbs
If you make the optional flavored whipped cream it will add a little calories to your shake but not any carbs.
- You can use various Torani sugar free syrups to change up the flavor.
- For less calories use more almond milk than cream. For more creamy flavor use more cream than almond milk. To make it thicker you can add more sugar free pudding mix but that will add more carbs.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218
Join our email list and get this FREE ebook of 11 Low Carb Dessert Recipes!