This easy pumpkin low carb smoothie recipe with salted caramel is just the thing to get you going in the morning. As a pumpkin protein shake, this is a delicious and easy low carb breakfast on the go. And with only 5.4g net carbs per serving, you could eat it for low carb dessert too!
You might also like this low carb pumpkin protein shake too!
Why did I make this smoothie? Because I bought a case of Torani syrups and I wanted to use them. And I thought what better way than to make a smoothie.
So today I pushed pumpkin spice aside and made this low carb pumpkin smoothie recipe with my sugar free salted caramel syrup and it was fabulous!
Why I Love This Smoothie
First of all it tastes great and it’s very nutritious. But it’s also
- low carb with only 5.4g net carbs
- high in protein with 29g
- high in fiber with 6.4g
- versatile in that you can use a variety of syrup flavorings
- it can be a meal replacement shake or without the protein powder it can be a healthy keto snack
What’s In This Low Carb Smoothie?
The ingredients I used for the smoothie recipe is almond milk, pure pumpkin puree, avocado, low carb vanilla protein powder and Torani sugar free salted caramel syrup. ]
For the low carb vanilla protein powder I used IsoPure Zero Carb Vanilla protein powder. It’s great to add in low carb smoothie recipes like this because it has zero carbs!
Using Pumpkin Puree
Pumpkin puree is wonderful to put in smoothies. It adds thickness, nutrition and great taste. But make sure to use pure pumpkin (in a can) not pumpkin pie filling.
Torani Sugar Free Syrups For Low Carb Smoothies
But to talk about the Torani syrups for a minute, if you are on a low carb diet, you might want to try a few. They are great in smoothies, shakes, coffee, tea and even alcoholic drinks. However I also use them in my baking, with roasted nuts and granolas too.
This is not a sponsored post. I just really like them. I’ve seen them at Walmart and you can but them on Amazon, but I buy mine straight from Torani because they have the biggest sugar free selection.
In case you are interested, here are the ones that I like and here are the ones I was not crazy about. These are just my opinion.
I really like most of the fruit flavors: raspberry, strawberry, black cherry, peach, watermelon and mango. I also like Belgian cookie, s’mores, salted caramel, peppermint, cinnamon vanilla and almond roca. The chocolate, cookie dough, toffee, white chocolate, lemon, orange and peanut butter are only so so.
Pumpkin Low Carb Smoothie With Salted Caramel
Low Carb Smoothie Tips
Here are a few of my low carb smoothie recipe tips. I make a smoothie many times a week for breakfast so here’s what I’ve learned over the years:
- Almond milk is great liquid to use in low carb smoothies because it has few net carbs. Cow’s milk usually has quite a bit of carbs so I use almond instead.
- Frozen pumpkin pucks (see above), berries, avocado and of course ice are good thickeners.
- Other substances that make smoothies thick are glucomannan powder, Thick-It-Up, Xanthan gum, chia seeds or even flax seeds.
- Sweeteners to try are Torani syrups, Swerve sweetener, SweetLeaf Stevia drops or Lakanto monk fruit sweetener.
- Try extracts for added flavor like peppermint, maple, butterscotch, almond, etc.
- Lemon, lime or orange zest adds flavor without carbs too.
- There are a lot more low carb protein powders on the market now. I like IsoPure Zero Carb Vanilla but there are many others to try. They add extra flavor too.
Other Low Carb Pumpkin Recipes
I love using pumpkin in recipes both savory and sweet. It’s a good low carb ingredient to keep in your pantry. Here are some of my favorite low carb pumpkin recipes.
I hope you enjoy this easy smoothie recipe. Here is the nutritional information for one smoothie.
245 cals / 10.4g fat/ 11.8g carbs / 6.4g fiber / 29g protein = 5.4g carbs
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons Torani Sugar Free Salted Caramel syrup
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, I IsoPure Zero Carb Vanilla
- 1/4 avocado
- 4 ice cubes
- Add everything to a high speed blender and process until creamy.
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 245Unsaturated Fat: 0g