The weather is getting colder so you need these 11 hearty & easy low carb soup recipes to keep you warm and satisfied. Everything from vegetable soups to creamy chicken soups and all are low carb and delicious!
You might also like all these other delicious soup recipes !
Nothing warms you up in the fall and winter than a steaming bowl of soup. However it has to be good soup and today I give 11 of my absolutely favorite low carb soup recipes!
My husband says I have a talent for making good soup. Humbly I have to agree because these soups are full of flavor even if you are not on a low carb or keto diet. There is everything from vegetable soup to creamy soups to spicy soups. Let’s go check them out!
Keto Low Carb Soup Tips
Since I’ve been making these low carb soup recipes for years, here are some of my tips to make a flavorful and delicious soup.
- I love Better than Bouillon soup bases. They add SO MUCH flavor to soup and they come in a variety of flavors. I highly recommend buying this product.
- Buy rotisserie chicken, clean off all the meat and freeze in a couple baggies. This meat is great for adding to soup towards the end since it’s already cooked.
- Take the bones from the rotisserie chicken, put them in a slow cooker with water, garlic, bay leaf, salt, pepper, etc and cook on low for 24 hours to large batch of chicken broth. Freeze in containers and defrost when making soup.
- You can also check out this post about making chicken cubes in the Instant Pot for easy meal prep. Great for having on hand for soup.
- If you want to maximize the health benefits of soup, check out my friend Jessica’s ultimate bone broth guide.
- A few of these recipes use cauliflower cream to make a soup creamy. It’s essentially cooking cauliflower in water and pureeing it in the blender with seasonings to make a thick sauce.
- You can add heavy cream and cheese for flavor without adding many carbs.
- Use flavored sausages in your vegetable soups to add another layer of flavor.
- Play around with herbs and spices to add lots of flavor without many calories or carbs.
- Parmesan cheese is a good way to add a salty component as well as cheesy flavor to tomato soup based soups.
- A high speed blender like a Vitamix will make a deliciously smooth and creamy pureed soup.
Now let’s get to those 11 delicious keto soup recipes. I hope you enjoy them!
Using an Instant Pot or Slow Cooker to make soup
Some of the recipes above are done in the slow cooker or Instant Pot but that doesn’t mean you have to use them. You can easily make these soup recipes on the stove if you don’t have one these devices.
Well I hope you give a few of these a try. Whether or not you follow a low carb diet, I think you will love these low carb soup recipes. Soup is a very healthy and satisfying dish that everyone loves and once you make a few easy recipes like these, you will be able to make your own effortlessly.
Add a salad or crusty bread and you have a meal! Enjoy.