These keto roast beef sliders and full of tender roast beef, crispy fried onions, cheddar cheese and a creamy, sweet mustard spread. It’s the perfect sandwich combination and when you put in on these keto dinner rolls you have a low carb snack, meal or appetizer for your next party! Each slider has just 2.8g net carbs.
You might also like these keto Philly cheesesteak quesadillas.
I recently found these cool keto dinner buns at Aldi and thought they would be perfect for sliders. So last week I made some keto turkey bacon ranch sliders and this week some keto roast beef sliders. They are not only the perfect party food but they make for a fun weeknight dinner.
They were so good and my family loved them. This batch had layers of roast beef, cheddar cheese, fried onions and a creamy mustard spread. It was the perfect combination and a big hit with my husband specifically.
I was try to make something like you would get at Arby’s but yet make it low carb so I fried the onions in the air fryer without any batter or breading. I made the sweet and cream spread using sweetener and of course the keto buns. All of these tweaks created a low carb roast beef slider that would be perfect for game day.
Recipe ingredients I used.
The simple ingredients I used were keto dinner rolls, mayonnaise, yellow mustard, sweetener, deli roast beef slides, yellow onions and sliced cheddar cheese. The slices melt better than shredded cheese but you can use that as well.
The keto dinner rolls were at Aldi and I hope that these are not a seasonal item because I love them. They work great for sliders and they taste is perfect which is unusual for keto bread.
Aldi also carries keto hamburger buns so if you can’t find these you might be able to find them and just make roast beef sandwiches. If you don’t care about carbs you can use a package of Hawaiian rolls which you can also find at Aldi. You can use the savory flavor or sweet rolls.
I just use regular yellow mustard for the spread but you could also use dijon mustard, brown mustard or any other kind you like. I added the sweetener to give it a honey mustard flavor.
The roast beef I bought at Costco and it’s very good. They slices are thick and the meat is of good quality. Lastly while I used cheddar cheese slices, you can use your choice of cheeses. We also made these with Swiss cheese but you can try slices provolone cheese, mozzarella, havarti, gouda, or any kinds of cheese you like.
How to make fried onions in the air fryer.
To make the fried onions in the air fryer you just have to thinly slice an onion. Get out a medium bowl and mix the slices with a little olive oil, salt and black pepper.
Spray the basket of the air fryer with nonstick cooking spray and then spread the onions in a single layer. Cook for 14 minutes at 300°F. Mix often so they don’t burn.
Take them out and let cool before adding them to the sandwiches.
Note if you don’t have an air fryer, you can just make caramelized onions on the stove. Mix the onions with olive oil, salt and pepper. Heat up a skillet to medium heat and cook the onions until they are golden brown. They won’t be crispy but they will have tons of flavor and go great with this sandwich.
How to make keto roast beef sliders.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet or baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Get out the package of rolls. Using a large serrated knife, slice the slider buns in half like you would a bagel. This is easier for me if I break the entire package into 2 groups of 6. Place the bottoms of the slider rolls on the baking tray and then add the slices of cheese.
- Next add the roast beef and fried onions. Spread the honey mustard on the top buns and place on top to make the sliders. Spray the tops with nonstick cooking spray or use a pastry brush with melted butter or olive oil.
*If you want you can add garlic powder, parmesan cheese, sesame seeds or poppy seeds on top of the buns.
- Cover the tray or baking dish with foil and place in the preheated oven. bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the rest of the sandwich is warmed through.
- Let the roast beef sliders cool a few minutes before separating into individual sliders.
Store leftover roast beef sliders in an airtight container or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Please scroll down to view the printable recipe card.
You can make these ahead of time. Just cover with aluminum foil and bake when ready to eat. They are also freezer friendly. I wouldn’t add the mayonnaise though until you have thawed them and are ready to bake.
Note I went with a sweet and creamy mustard spread but you can use a creamy horseradish sauce or skip the sweetener for more of a dijonnaise type of flavor. Plain mayonnaise will also work. See below for more topping and spread suggestions.
Other low carb ideas for toppings.
Below are more ideas and foods you can put on these keto roast beef sliders. I also have a few condiment recipes below that would got nicely too.
- letttuce – 2 tablespoons shredded, 0g net carbs
- red onion – 1 slice, 0.8g net carbs
- tomato slices – 1 slice, 0.4g net carbs
- pickled jalapeno slices – 1 tablespoon, 1g net carbs
- banana peppers – 1 tablespoons, 0.5g net carbs
- pepperoncini peppers – 12 slices, 1g net carb
- dill pickle slices – 3 slices, 0.3g net carbs
- prepared horseradish sauce – 1 tablespoon 0g net carb
- chimichurri sauce – 1 tablespoon, 0.5g net carbs
- creamy poblano sauce – 1 tablespoon, 0.9g net carbs
- beets and horseradish sauce – 1 tablespoon, 1.5g net carbs
- low carb bbq sauce – 1 tablespoon, 2.7g net carbs
- sauerkraut – 1 tablespoon 0g net carb
- pickled onions – 1 tablespoon, 0.7g net carbs
I think of all the sliders we made this was one of our favorite recipes. The roast beef went so well with the melty cheese, honey mustard and crispy caramelized onions. And the keto dinner rolls were a great find if you miss bread on a keto diet!
I hope you like them as much as we did. These are great for a fun family dinner or for a game day snack. Enjoy!
The nutritional information for 1 mini sandwich is 107 calories / 7.8g fat / 14g carbs / 11.2g fiber / 16.8g protein = 2.8g net carbs
- 12 slices of roast beef deli meat
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 12 keto dinner rolls (or Hawaiian rolls if not low carb)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- ½ packet sweetener
- 1 onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- To make the air fryer onions: Thinly slice the onions and mix with the olive oil, salt and black pepper. Spray the basket of the air fryer with nonstick cooking spray and spread the onions evenly in one layers. Cook at 300°F for 14 minutes. Mix often and when they are golden brown take out and set aside.**
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray baking sheet with non stick cooking spray. Cut the dinner rolls in half like you would a bagel and place the bottoms on the tray.
- Add the cheese slices and then the roast beef slices.
- Mix the mayo, mustard and sweetener together and spread over the top buns. Add about ½ of the fried onions on the roast beef, place the top of the buns on the onions and then spray the sliders with non stick cooking spray. Or you can brush melted butter or oilve oil on the tops.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place the baking tray in the preheated oven. Cook for 101-5 minutes until the cheese is melted and the sandwich is heated through. Take out and serve.
- Store leftover roast beef sliders in an airtight container or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
The nutritional information for 1 slider is 107 calories / 7.8g fat / 14g carbs / 11.2g fiber / 16.8g protein = 2.8g net carbs
***If you don't have an air fryer you can make caramelized onions by sauting in a skillet and cook until the onions are golden brown. They just won't be crispy but they will still taste delicious on this sandwich.
If you don't care about carbs you can use a package Hawaiian slider buns
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107