Whether you are looking for a low carb stuffing for Thanksgiving dinner or you just want to stuff chicken or pork chops, this easy keto sausage stuffing will do the trick. It tastes so good, you could eat it without the meat! Each serving has 2.6g net carbs.
You might also like this low carb chicken stuffed poblanos recipe.
To continue on my keto Thanksgiving recipe roll, today I made for you a gluten free, keto sausage stuffing. It’s similar to the low carb stuffing I used for my baked stuffed chicken thighs but I tweaked to make it have a more Thanksgiving flavor.
It is so tasty I actually ate a serving as my dinner. You won’t believe that there is no bread in it and it goes great with turkey, chicken or pork! Each serving has only 2.6g net carbs so let’s check it out.
Keto Stuffing Ingredients
There are many tasty ingredients in this stuffing recipe including: breakfast roll sausage, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs, onions, celery, garlic, sage, thyme, butter and almond flour.
This is really simple to make and you bake it in the oven, but you can also use it to stuff chicken and pork chops. I have never stuffed a turkey ever so I’m not sure how this would be stuffed into one. So if you decide to do that, let me know how it goes.
Keto Sausage Stuffing Recipe
So the first thing you want to is saute celery and onions in a little butter. Looking above you see that you just want them softened and the onions should be translucent.
While that’s sautéing, melt the remaining butter in the microwave. Then place the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl. First beat the eggs, then break up the sausage and add that in. Follow with the rest of the ingredients including the melted butter and celery mixture.
You might want to start mixing this with a large spoon then use your hands. It’s pretty dense and when you put it in your baking dish you want it to be as fluffy as possible. Don’t pack it down or it’s going to be a stuffing loaf. 😉
Bake it in the oven for 30 – 45 minutes. You want it to be brown on top but don’t want to dry it out so that’s why I gave such a large range of time.
This gluten free sausage stuffing is super delicious but also dense so you don’t need to eat too much of it. I hope you give it a try and the nutritional information for 1 serving is:
322 cals / 25.9g fat / 4.6g carbs / 2g fiber / 17.2g protein = 2.6g net carbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 16 oz breakfast sausage (in a roll)
- 4 egg
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a saute pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and saute the onions and celery until softened. The onions should be translucent.
- In the meantime, melt the remaining butter in the microwave.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Then break up the sausage and add the rest of the ingredients including the melted butter. Start mixing with a large spoon then you might want to use your hands. The mixture is dense so it's easier with your hands.
- When the celery mixture has cooled, mix it in with the stuffing mixture.
- Grease a baking dish and lightly add the stuffing mixture. Don't pack it down. I used my hands and put it in clumps so to keep it airy.
- Bake for about 30 - 45 minutes until the top is nice and brown.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Net Carbohydrates: 2.6g