These keto stuffing waffles are the perfect way to eat those Thanksgiving leftovers. Easy to whip up in just 10 minutes.And you can top them with leftover turkey and cranberry sauce. The perfect taste combination and you can eat them for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Only 1.4g net carbs each!
These would go great with my smoked turkey breast recipe!
Every year my husband gets excited about Thanksgiving leftovers. This year I have been playing around with my Instant Pot and made a turkey breast in it.
I also made my sugar free cranberry sauce and all that was missing was the leftover stuffing. So I made these EASY keto stuffing waffles in no time.
Just a couple of ingredients with a waffle iron and you have a delicious low carb meal from your Thanksgiving leftovers! And each one only has 1.4g net carbs so it’s perfect for those on a low carb diet.
About savory low carb waffles.
I have MANY savory low carb waffles on this site and they are some of my most popular recipes. My zucchini waffles and pizza waffles are two of the top posts on my site.
The basics of this savory waffle is made from cheeses, eggs and various vegetables and spices. You just mix together and using a waffle iron you can make them in minutes. They are more chewy rather than crispy waffles but perfect for savory dishes.
By the way this is my favorite waffle maker. I bought it at Target for roughly $20 and you can get it on Amazon here if you are interested. It works great with these kinds of waffles. We have made hundreds of waffles with it.
UPDATE: I recently bought this Dash mini waffle maker I found in Target but you an get it on Amazon for around $12.99. It’s so much better than larger waffle makers for making small chaffles like this one. I liked it so much I’m giving it to my nieces for Christmas.
Another great give for foodie friends are waffle tongs. They are great for getting chaffles out of a waffle iron and you can us them in the toaster too. I just learned of them so I thought I’d share this tip.
Recipe ingredients I used.
The simple ingredients I used in these waffles are eggs, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, poultry spice, onion powder and of course leftover cooked turkey.
Note there is no flour, not even almond flour or coconut flour. Just turkey and a few simple ingredients.The spices are what gives it that stuffing flavor to me. And I’m all about keeping it simple.
You could go the extra mile and add basic stuffing ingredients of celery and onion. You would have to saute them in some butter first. However I didn’t think it was necessary.
How to make keto stuffing waffles.
- Heat up your waffle iron. Then get out a medium size mixing bowl. Place the butter into a small bowl and melt in the microwave for about 30 seconds. You will use this to grease the waffle iron. Some people grease their iron with cooking spray but I heard that could ruin it. Check your instructions to decide which to use.
- In the meantime add all the other ingredients into the mixing bowl. Blend them together with a spoon as best you can.
- Grease the waffle iron with the melted butter. Then take out ¼ of the mixture and add to the center of the hot waffle iron. Close the lid and wait until done. NOTE: This recipe makes 4 smaller waffles. The smaller waffles work best in the waffle iron so don’t try to make one big one as it will be hard to get out.
- When done, place on a plate and top with turkey, cranberry sauce, gravy or whatever you like. Store leftover stuffing waffles in an airtight container or baggie. (Please scroll down to view and print the recipe card.)
Ways you can eat these leftover turkey waffles.
I put turkey in these waffles but you can also add more on top if you want. Then top with low carb cranberry sauce.
You could even add some warm leftover gravy if you want and eliminate the cranberry sauce. This would be more like a hot open face turkey sandwich.
If using the leftover cranberry sauce you can warm it up (I like it this way) or use it cold. So basically this is a dish you can eat cold like a sandwich or hot like an open faced sandwich.
My hubby loved these. Seriously he did. It’s surprising how the egg and cheese give it that bread taste along with the spices and turkey, you would think you were eating stuffing.
It’s a filling low carb dish and would be a perfect breakfast for dinner kind of meal. Plus it only takes a few minutes to make and it’s low carb. You can’t beat that.
The nutritional information for 1 waffle is: 173 cals / 12.1g fat / 1.4g carbs / 13.7g protein = 1.4g carbs
2 tablespoons of my cranberry sauce: 9 cals / 0g fat / 17.4g carbs / 15.9g fiber / 0.1g protein = 1.5g net carbs
Keto Stuffing Waffles Recipe
This keto stuffing waffle is the perfect way to eat those Thanksgiving leftovers. Easy to whip up and you can eat them for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Only 1.4g net carbs each!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup mozzarella, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ½ cup turkey, cooked and diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat up your waffle iron and melt a little butter in the microwave.
- Mix all the ingredients except the butter in a large bowl.
- Use the butter to grease the waffle iron. Some people use nonstick cooking spray but I heard that is not good for your waffle maker. Take out ¼ of the keto waffle batter and add to the center of the preheated waffle maker. Close the lid and wait until done. Use toaster tongs or a wooden spoon to take them out.
- NOTE: This recipe makes 4 smaller waffles. If you have a mini Dash waffle maker it works great for this recipe. If you have a larger waffle iron, you need to make smaller waffles so they don't stick to it. One big waffle would be hard to get out so stick to 4 smaller ones.
- Top with turkey and/or a bit of cranberry sauce or whatever you like.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Unsaturated Fat: 0g
I decided I can do without an Instant Pot but I don’t want to do without a waffle maker. What a great sandwich!! I bet the turkey with the cranberries sounds and looks so good. My mouth is watering looking at the photos.
Thanks Marisa, I am a gadget queen so I had to have the Instant Pot… and a waffle maker and an air fryer…hahaha
I love the sound of low carb turkey stuffing in a waffle form. The kids would be most excited in my home, they love anything waffles. Can’t wait to try this.
Hope you like it Veena!
So delicious! This is the kind of thing that makes you want to have lots of Thanksgiving leftovers lol. Definitely more turkey on top for me 🙂
I really enjoyed these. I hope you get a chance to try them!
Who says leftovers are boring? This sounds like a great way to use up those holiday leftovers. This work for both brunch and dinner….and YOU really want leftovers so you can make this!!
Yes, we are already talking about buying two turkeys this year! LOL
Oh wow, I can’t wait to try these! I’m going shopping today and going to add these ingredients to my list so I can try these. I love the idea of using the waffle iron, what a great idea. My mouth is watering already. Thank you = )
Hi, I hope you like them. They are very simple but me and my hubby really enjoyed them.
First, my wife Denise is a great cook. Second; this might be the best thing she’s cooked since she started this blog.everything tastes better in waffle form. But you can’t have low carb waffles. Or can you? Try these. You won’t be disappointed
Thank you sweet hubby!