If buffalo chicken dip and pizza had a baby that is what this delicious buffalo chicken pizza recipe tastes like. The homemade pizza crust is made with 2 ingredient dough that you can easy whip up in minutes. The sauce is a creamy and spicy buffalo sauce topped with cooked chicken along with cheddar cheese. The combination is out of this world and takes less than 30 minutes to make!
You might also like this 2 ingredient pepperoni pizzas recipe!
To say I am enamored with buffalo chicken flavors is an understatement. I have 12 different recipes using this flavor combination for everything from meatballs to a cheeseball. It’s so good!
But recently my son had a frozen pizza that he liked and I thought “hey I can make that”. So I came up with this easy buffalo chicken pizza recipe and I used 2 ingredient pizza dough. If you haven’t tried 2 ingredient dough you must because it’s so easy to make and you don’t have to let the dough rise.
It’s made from just Greek yogurt and self rising flour. All you do is mix, knead and roll it out. It’s my favor homemade pizza dough recipe these days.
I used cooked chicken so the rest of the recipe was a breeze! We loved it and I’m sure you will too. Let’s get to it!
Recipe ingredients I used.
For the pizza crust I used self rising flour and Greek yogurt. You have to use self rising not regular white flour. And it should be thick Greek yogurt not regular yogurt. It should also be plain but the fat content doesn’t really matter.
If you don’t have self-rising flour you can make it.
Use regular all-purpose flour, baking power and salt. The ratios are 1 cup of flour to 1 ½ teaspoon of baking powder and ¼ teaspoon of salt. (source) It’s much easier to buy it and then you don’t have to do the math!
Now for the sauce. I used a combination of hot sauce, cream cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, fresh garlic and canned chunks of chicken. I would have used leftover rotisserie chicken if I had some on hand or frozen but I didn’t . The canned worked fine though.
I also used a little gouda cheese on top of the pizza because it’s a very melty and gooey cheese but you can use all cheddar, Mexican blend or even a mixture of mozzarella and cheddar.
How to make buffalo chicken pizza with 2 ingredient dough.
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F and place a piece of parchment paper or a silicone mat on a baking sheet.
Step 2: Mix the buffalo pizza sauce by adding the cream cheese, some of the cheddar cheese, hot sauce and garlic in a microwave safe bowl and cook for 30 seconds to soften the cheese. Mix well and set aside.
Step 3: Prepare the 2 ingredient pizza crust by mixing adding the Greek yogurt and self rising flour into a large bowl and mixing together with a spoon. Then get in there with your hands and mix the dough until it’s a bit sticky but made into a big smooth ball.
Step 4: Add a little of the flour to a work surface and the knead the dough if necessary. The place the dough ball on the prepared baking sheet and using a floured rolling pin or just your hands form the pizza crust into a circle on the baking sheet.
I wish I made mine a bit thinner because my family likes a thin, crispy crust pizza.
Step 5: Once you’ve made the pizza crust, spoon and spread the buffalo pizza sauce over the crust. Then add the shredded chicken over the sauce. Lastly sprinkle the cheddar and gouda cheeses over top.
Step 6: Place the cookie sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden brown. If after the time its s not browned to your liking place under the broiler for a few minutes.
Note cooking time may vary depending on how thick your crust is.
Let cool before slicing with a pizza cutter and enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container. (Please scroll down to view the printable recipe card.)
Toppings you can use with this recipe.
Some different toppings and garnishes you can try are:
- thinly sliced red onion, blue cheese, green onion, fresh jalapeno pepper slices, black olive slices or even pickled jalapenos
- fresh cilantro or parsley would be nice for color
- barbecue sauce, creamy ranch dressing or even blue cheese dressing lightly drizzled on top
We just used some fresh jalapenos because my son can be quite picky. But next time I will try the ranch dressing or some blue cheese crumbles as I like them!
Other delicious buffalo chicken recipes to try.
As I mentioned I love all things buffalo chicken. I have made:
- buffalo chicken meatballs
- cheeseballs rolled in bacon
- chicken and cheese chips
- keto casserole, stuffed mushrooms
- low carb zucchini noodle skillet dinner!
This was definitely a hit with my family and I nice change from our usual pepperoni or cheese pizzas. You can beat the flavors and the crust was just so easy to make! I hope you like it as much as we did and try for your next pizza night dinner. Enjoy.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (plain)
- 1 ½ cup self rising flour (not regular)
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- ¼ cup gouda cheese, shredded
- 12.5 once can of chicken, drained completely and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking dish by covering in parchment paper or use a silicone mat.
- Make the buffalo sauce by adding the cream cheese, crushed garlic, ¼ cup cheddar cheese and hot sauce to a microwaveable mixing bowl. Cook in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften the cheeses and mix together well. Set aside while you make the dough.
- Add the yogurt and flour to a large mixing bowl. Mix together with a spoon and eventually get in there with your hands to make sure all the flour is incorporated. The dough should be tacky but not too sticky. If it's very sticky, add a little extra flour to a work surface and knead the dough until it's more tacky than sticky.
- Spread out the dough on your prepared baking sheet using your hands. Form it into a round pizza shape and try to get it as thin as possible.
- Next spread the buffalo sauce mixture all over the pizza then scatter the chopped cooked chicken on top. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar and the gouda cheese on top.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the doug is cooked and the cheese is melted. If you want it more browned on top, place under the broiler for a few minutes. Note cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of your crust.
- Let cool before slicing.
Note I used canned chicken but you can use leftovers or rotisserie chicken breast if you wish. Also I used a combination of cheddar and gouda cheese on top but you can substitute mozzarella cheese for the gouda. Lastly please read the post for a list of other toppings and garnishes you can use on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 403mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 11g