This low carb mini Mexican meatza recipe makes for a delicious lunch or dinner. Think taco meets burger meets pizza. Low carb and super tasty!
When I laid this on the table in front of my husband I know he was thinking “what the heck is this?”. However after tasting it he was on board and asked me to make it again. It’s not the most attractive looking dish, but this low carb mini Mexican meatza recipe is delicious. It’s bigger and flatter than a burger, has no bread like a pizza and no shell like a taco. But somehow it’s a like all burger, taco and pizza rolled into one. It’s delicious and only 5.6g net carbs!
I made these a few weeks ago and just got around to posting this but just looking at them, I think I’m going to pull out some ground beef and taco mix to make one for lunch. I love taco meat and all the fixings you put on it so this is definitely my kind of low carb dish. So if you like these, and are in a hurry, you can always use a taco mix instead of the spices.
NOTE: you want to use lean ground beef. That way it won’t shrink up so much after you cook it and you will have less grease to deal with. You mix the meat with some cauliflower rice, an egg, onion and all those lovely Mexican spices. Divide the meat into 4 and make them into thin round pizza like patties. I could only fit 2 on a standard cookie sheet. Bake until the meat is cooked through. Lastly add the cheese, onions and peppers and put them under the broiler for a few minutes. when the cheese has melted, take them out of the oven and add any toppings you wish, like avocado, sour cream, olives, etc.
Low Carb Mini Mexican Meatza
It’s a simple meal but it’s really tasty. They taste much better than they look. Just ask my husband. 😉 If you like this recipe, you might like my Mexican Chili Meatloaf or Mexican Tabouli Salad. The nutrition for each meatza is:
456 cals / 27.4g fat / 9.1g carbs/3.5g fiber / 40.2g protein = 5.6g net carbs
- 1 lb ground beef, lean
- ½ onion
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cauliflower riced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon slat
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup sweet pepper slices
- ½ avocado, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Add onion to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Place in a large bowl and then add cauliflower to food processor and pulse until it looks like grains of rice.
- Add that to the large bowl along with meat, a beaten egg, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Mix well and split meat into 4.
- Take each piece and make into a very thin, round pizza looking shell. Place on a sprayed cookie sheet. Continue with the rest of the meat mixture. May take 2 cookie sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until meat is cooked. (Thickness of meat will affect cooking times. Try not to over cook.)
- Take out of the oven, sprinkle cheese and add onions and peppers on top.
- Broil for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Add avocado pieces onto each meatza, slice and enjoy.
- Note: You can use any topping you like such as tomatoes, lettuce, black olives, green onions, sour cream, hot sauce, etc.