If you are looking for a great way to use Thanksgiving leftovers, try this Thanksgiving burrito recipe. Filled with roast turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn and topped with warm gravy for a delicious day after meal. Make a few of these turkey burritos and freeze for another day!
You might also like this super easy Instant Pot burrito lasagna recipe.
My son loves a dish at Mad Mex called the gobblerito which comes out in the fall and it’s a burrito stuffed with Thanksgiving foods. I confess I never had one but I wanted to make one for him so today I’m sharing my take on the gobblerito which I can my Thanksgiving burrito.
The gobblerito uses black bean mashed potatoes and I just used regular because to be honest I don’t know black bean mashed potatoes are and the point of this post is to be something quick and easy to do with Thanksgiving leftovers.
It turned out great and was another fun and easy way to use leftovers!
Recipe ingredients I used.
Below you can see the simple ingredients I used for this recipe – large flour burrito sized tortillas, leftover turkey meat, stuffing , corn and mashed potatoes and missing is the leftover gravy to go on top.
You can use whatever additional foods you want in your burrito be it green beans or sweet potatoes. I had a hard time finding cranberry sauce when I made this meal as a practice run for our Thanksgiving. I personally would like just the turkey stuffing and cranberry sauce but I was making these for my son.
Also if you want to have a more Mexican flavor you could use a cheddar cheese inside or on top of the burritos. You might want to try add black beans with the mashed potatoes like the Gobblerito too or sautéed onions and peppers.
I was just going for simplicity and more of traditional Thanksgiving flavors.
How to make Thanksgiving burritos with leftovers.
This is a ridiculously easy recipe but I thought I’d show you how I wrapped the turkey burrito below.
- Heat up all your leftovers first. Then heat a large flour tortilla in the microwave for 30 seconds to make it pliable and place it on a large plate.
- Start by smoothing the mashed potatoes on the bottom layer. You want to place everything a little below the center of the tortilla.
- Then top with chopped turkey meat, corn and lastly the leftover stuffing.
- Fold the sides in first, then the bottom side. From there roll up trying to tuck all the ingredients in as you roll.
- Keep the burrito seam side down and top with warm leftover gravy. That’s it folks.
- Note you can also warm these up in the oven or microwave. Wrap them in aluminum foil and heat up in the oven or just place them on a microwave safe plate (no foil) and microwave them to heat them up. You could also crisp them up in a skillet with a little olive oil or butter.
You can serve it with leftover cranberry sauce or just a small green salad. If you want to eat this more of a tortilla wrap, you could put the gravy inside and eat it with your hands.
You can make a batch meal of these and store in an airtight container or freeze them in ziplock bags for a meal some other day. Please scroll down to view the printable recipe card.
More recipes to try with Thanksgiving turkey leftovers.
I am mostly a low carb blogger aside from family recipe favorites like this one today. So here are few low carb recipes that you can use a batch of leftover turkey with. They are really tasty and you won’t even know they are low carb.
You will substitute the roast turkey for all the chicken in these recipes.
- low carb creamy sun dried tomato and chicken soup
- keto buffalo chicken salad
- keto chicken broccoli casserole
- Mexican chicken casserole
- Italian chicken and cream cheese dip (appetizer)
- zucchini noodles and chicken Alfredo
- lemon and herb chicken salad
You might also like these two Thanksgiving leftover recipes.
This year I also made these stuffing waffles and topped them with turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy. My son loves these too as did I!
Another delicious recipe is this turkey Cristo sandwich. It’s a play on a monte Cristo sandwich with leftover and has the leftover cranberry sauce in the middle like a spread. It’s very good as well!
These recipes are not low carb by the way.
Nothing is worse than not having many Thanksgiving leftovers but if you have a lot this Thanksgiving burrito is a great recipe for you to try. Roll a few and freeze so when you are in the mood for a turkey dinner you have a convenient one in your freezer! Enjoy.
- 1 large flour tortilla
- ¼ cup mashed potatoes
- ⅓ cup leftover turkey meat
- ¼ cup corn
- ¼ cup stuffing
- 3 tablespoons turkey gravy
- Heat all the leftovers you want to use. Then place a flour tortilla on a large microwave safe plate and microwave for 30 seconds to make it pliable.
- First spread the mashed potatoes on the bottom layer. Place all these foods just a little beow center so you won't have trouble rolling them up.
- Then add the chopped turkey meat, then the corn and finally the stuffing. While I added the gravy on top you could add a bit in the middle or even add cranberry sauce. That's up to you.
- Start to roll up the burrito by first folding in the sides, then fold the bottom side and continue to roll up, tucking the ingredeints in as best as you can.
- Place the burrtio seam side down and top with warm gravy.
- Note you can also warm these up in the oven or microwave. Wrap them in aluminum foil an heat up in the oven or just place them on a microwave safe plate and microwave them to heat them up. You could also crisp them up in a skillet with a little olive oil or butter.
- You can roll up a few burritos and either store them in an airtight container or freeze them for another day.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 459Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 953mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 22g