If you are looking for something utterly delicious for your next party, try this easy keto cream cheese dip with chicken. Full of delicious Italian flavors such as sun dried tomatoes and Asiago cheese, this is sure to be a low carb appetizer the whole crowd will love. Just mix, bake and you have a tasty keto chicken dip that has only 1.6 g net carbs per 2 tablespoon serving.
You might also like this keto Alambre skillet cheese dip!
I don’t know about you but I love hot buffalo chicken dip and as low carb dip recipes goes it may be my favorite until today. I was thinking about this weekend and looking for something different to take to a party so I came up with this keto cream cheese dip with chicken and Italian flavors. Yum!
It’s full of creamy cheesy goodness, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, garlic, seasonings and of course chicken. You just mix it all together and bake. Easy peasy. I served it with keto pita chips and raw veggies and ate it for lunch because this was a test run, but it’s meant for a party. Let’s go make it!
keto cream cheese dip ingredients
Since this is a cream cheese dip you can be sure there is cream cheese, but I also added a little mayo to make it a little thinner. I used chopped cooked chicken, fresh spinach, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasonings, Asiago cheese and mozzarella cheese.
TIP: I often buy rotisserie chicken, clean of the meat and freeze it for soups, casseroles and recipes like this. It really comes in handy so give it a try. I use the chicken bones to make bone broth too so there is little waste.
LEt’s make this hot chicken dip recipe
So to make this easy keto dip, just mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. If your cream cheese is very hard, just pop it in the microwave first for 30 seconds to soften it. It will make the mixing much easier.
Then spoon it into a greased baking dish. Place it in a 350°F oven and bake for 30 minutes. If you want it more brown on top, you can set it under the broiler for a few minutes.
What to serve with this hot keto chicken dip
Normally I would use cut raw vegetables such as sweet pepper strips and celery. However recently I purchased some Dixie Low Carb Pita Chips and they were just perfect for this recipe. There are only 2g net carbs in 10 chips!
By the way, I started buying a bunch of keto products from a site called Netrition.com. You should check out their Low Carbohydrate/Keto products! I’m planning on doing a review of all the products I’ve bought so far when I get a chance.
Recipe Tips and NOtes
- I used cooked chopped chicken I keep in the freezer but you can use chicken leftovers or even canned chicken. Just make sure you drain it well if using the canned chicken.
- You can add more chicken to this if you want it more meaty.
- You can easily make a casserole out of this cream cheese dip by adding more vegetables and chicken. If you add more spinach you don’t need to cook it but I cooked broccoli with some of this leftover dip and made it into a casserole. It was delicious!
- I used a combination of Asiago cheese and mozzarella. The Asiago has lots of flavor and the mozzarella gives it that stringy cheese look that everyone loves. You can use Parmesan cheese instead of the Asiago or cheddar for the mozzarella if you wish.
- You can serve this with raw veggies or keto pita chips.
This really was quite delicious and I hope you give it a chance. It might be a good low carb chicken dip to take to a Super Bowl party if you are going to one. I’m pretty sure this would freeze well but unfortunately we ate it all so I didn’t get a chance to try. The nutritional information for 1 serving of 2 tablespoons is:
109 cals / 8.7g fat / 1.8g carbs / 0.2g fiber / 5g protein = 1.6g net carbs
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cooked chopped chicken
- 2 oz sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- MIx all of the ingredients together then spoon into a greased baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes until all the cheese is melted and it starts to brown.
- If you want it more brown on top place it under the broiler for a few minutes.
- Serve with raw vegetables or keto pita chips.
- If the cream cheese is very hard, microwave for 30 seconds to soften before mixing with everything else.
- You can add more chicken or spinach to this without affecting the carb count.
- If you want to make this into a casserole, double the chicken and a cup or two of cooked vegetables like broccoli or cauliflower.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 2 tablespoons (1 serving)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109Net Carbohydrates: 1.6g