If you have a Ninja Creami machine you will love this keto cinnamon ice cream recipe. You only need 5 ingredients and you can make a low calorie, low carb, high protein frozen treat with the flavors of cinnamon and vanilla. This is cinnamon sugar favored protein ice cream is a dessert you can feel good about eating. Each serving has just 84 calories, 4.4 grams net carbs and 13.3 grams protein!
You might also like keto rumchata drink!
I originally wanted to make this recipe more of a keto horchata ice cream recipe but when I finally made it I decided to just call it a keto cinnamon ice cream recipe and I made it in my Ninja Creami machine.
I’m really loving this ice cream maker. It sort of works in reverse from regular ice cream makers which starts with frozen bowl that you pour your liquid mixture in and then let churn for 30 minutes. The Ninja Creami starts with a frozen pint of the base mixture and then the blades grinds it into a smooth and creamy ice cream in minutes. And the end result is MUCH better.
It’s just unbelievable to me that you can make a creamy, delicious frozen treat that is low carb, high protein and low calorie. Like this cinnamon flavor, it only has 84 calories! And it has 13.3 grams of protein and just 4.4 grams of net carbs. This is recipe can truly be eaten for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack or dessert.
Why I love my Ninja Creami ice cream machine.
I’ve had this machine for almost a year and I am still amazed at how good these low calorie ice cream recipes come out. Here is why I love this machine.
- The Ninja Creami ice cream maker can make all kinds of frozen desserts like homemade ice cream, sorbets, gelato, smoothie bowls and milkshake.
- I can make healthy ice cream with sugar substitutes and in any flavor I want and know it’s going to taste good.
- You can add keto cookies or candies as mix-ins. Or you can healthy foods like nuts, dark chocolate, keto chocolate chips, berries, etc.
- It beats buying expensive keto ice cream at the store and ending up hating it. Once you get the hang of it you can have a variety of flavors at your fingertips.
- Since you have to freeze it for 24 hours you can mix up a bunch of different flavors and have the frozen bases on hand in the freezer. Think of it as meal prep for your keto desserts!
- It only takes 4-7 minutes of running through the machine until you have creamy delicious ice cream.
Recipe ingredients I used and substitutions.
I just used 5 simple ingredients to make this low calorie ice cream – vanilla whey protein powder, almond milk, pudding mix, cinnamon and stevia drops. I also added a pinch of salt to bring out the sweetness.
IsoPure Protein Powder (Tahitian Vanilla)
I love IsoPure protein powders because they are very low in carbs and some have zero carbs. This flavor is new for me and I really liked it in the recipe. You can use whatever is your favorite protein powder but try to use a vanilla flavor. You can also use pea protein or something other than whey protein but it might affect the texture.
You can also use Fairlife Vanilla Protein Drinks. They are the perfect size for the Ninja Creami containers and it would take the place of both the powder and almond milk.
Unsweetened Almond Milk
You need something to make the protein drink and I always use unsweetened almond milk. You can substitute with another plant based milk if you want such as hemp milk or oat milk though I am not familiar with the carb counts for those.
Coconut milk or unsweetened coconut cream would also work well and make it a bit more creamy but I like the almond milk because it brings the calories and fat down and definitely the carbs compared to regular milk.
You could also use some heavy whipping cream in place of some of the almond milk. Heavy cream has been bothering me lately so I tried not to use it but it would definitely make this ice cream richer.
Sugar Free Vanilla Pudding Mix
I just bought Aldi brand of sugar free pudding mix but you can use any brand you want. It just should be sugar free and vanilla flavored.
Some people really like Simple Delish instant pudding. It’s plant based and a little more healthy so check that out if you are interested.
Vanilla Stevia Drops
I love these SweetLeaf Vanilla Stevia Drops especially for this ice cream. It adds a lot of sweetness plus the vanilla flavoring and it easily mixes in compared to granulate sugar.
You can also use your favorite sweetener and some vanilla extract as a substitute. I should taste the mixture before freezing and add enough sweetener so it’s a little bit sweeter than normal.
Something about freezing makes it lose a bit of the sweetness so I make it very sweet. Also add about ½ teaspoon vanilla extract.
How to make keto cinnamon ice cream recipe in the Ninja Creami machine.
Step 1: Add almond milk to a blender and then add in the protein powder, cinnamon, pudding mix, liquid stevia and a pinch of salt. Blend for a few seconds until well combined.
You can also just pour all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk all the ingredients together until well combined.
Step 2: Pour the ice cream base mixture into the pint container that came with the Ninja machine. Put the storage lid on and place in the freezer for 24 hours. Make sure to place it on a flat surface so it freezes evenly on top.
Step 3: Take off the lid when ready to eat. Put the frozen Creami pint container into the bowl assembly and attach the accompanying lid. Place in the machine and press the LITE ice cream function.
Step 4: When it’s done, take out the bowl assembly and check out the ice cream consistency and texture. If it’s crumbly or powdery, place the outer bowl lid back on and rerun the LITE ice cream program again. When it’s done it should have a creamy texture like the photo below.
If it doesn’t you can add a few tablespoons of almond milk and rerun it and that should do the trick.
Step 5: Spoon into a bowl and eat! This recipe made 2 big portions for me. Technically a pint has 4 servings but I eat half of this container.
NOTE: I ran this batch one more time through the machine (a third time) with out the almond milk and it came out like a frosty consistency. It was very good but I personally like it more creamy like the picture above. I just wanted to show you what it looked like in case you were interested.
Store leftovers in the Ninja container with the storage lid it came with and freeze. When you want to eat it again you will have to run it through the machine again. It will probably take 2 runs through the LITE cycle to be nice and creamy.
Note you can add keto cookies, candies, nuts, chocolate chips if you want to add texture to this recipe. Aldi makes good keto snickerdoodle cookies that would go great with this recipe. Also these keto candied pecans would be great too!
Please scroll down for the printable recipe card.
More low carb ice cream recipes to try using the Ninja Creami.
I have made all kinds of healthy and low carb ice cream recipes with my machine but I only have 5 other recipes up on the blog so far. They are all very good and I should write down all the others I eat. I will in time. Here are all the flavors of ice cream I have on this blog.
- Ninja Creami keto strawberry ice cream
- Ninja Creami keto salted caramel ice cream
- Ninja Creami keto chocolate ice cream
- Ninja Creami keto maple walnut ice cream
- Ninja Creami keto coffee ice cream
Well I really liked this keto cinnamon ice cream recipe I made today. I think it would even be great on apple pie or other desserts. I just have to find how to make some keto apple pie!
And check out the Ninja Creami ice cream machine. There is only a few minutes of prep time and while it takes 24 hours to freezer, you can have a tasty, healthy dessert in minutes. Enjoy.
The nutritional information for 1 serving is 84 calories / 1.9g fat / 5.8g carbs / 1.4g fiber / 13.3g protein = 4.4g net carbs
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop Isopure Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar free vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla stevia liquid
- pinch of salt
- In a blender add the almond milk, protein powder, liquid stevia, cinnamon and vanilla puding mix along with a pinch of salt. Blend for a few seconds until well combined. You can also just whisk everything in a mixing bowl.
- Pour into the pint containers that come with the Ninja machine. Place the storage lid on it and freeze for 24 hours. Make sure to place on a flat surface in the freezer so it freezes evenly on top
- When ready to eat, take off the storage lid and place the container into the bowl assembly and attach the outer bowl lid. Place in the machine and hit the LITE ice cream button. When it done, take it out and check the ice cream consistency and texture. If it's powdery, place it back in and hit the LITE cycle again.
- Take it out and it shoudl be smooth and creamy. Ifi it is you can add a tablespoon or so of almond milk and run it one more time the LITE cycle and it should work find. I only had to run it through 2 times and with no additional milk.
- When done, store leftovers in the pint container. Place the storage lid on and freeze. When you are ready to eat the rest you will have to run it through the LITE cycle again once or twice.
Note you can use regular sweeteners instead of the vanilla stevia liquid. If you do though, please add ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 84