If you need a really easy low carb dinner, try this keto flank steak with an easy garlic & balsamic marinade. It just takes minutes to marinate the flank steak and and then grill it for dinner. The steak marinade is so simple yet flavorful and each serving has only 2.9g net carbs.
You might also like this Thai marinated keto flank steak!
I learned to love grilled flank steak from my mother. She used to make a delicious blue cheese marinated flank steak that we all loved and it was so easy to make. Today I didn’t have much time and wanted to try something new, so I tried this keto flank steak with a garlic and balsamic marinade.
It was so tasty and it just took me a few minutes to marinated the beef and then later my hubby grilled it for me. Such an easy keto dinner and each serving had only 2.9g net carbs! This will definitely be on our regular rotation of dinners.
What’s in the basalmic marinade?
I just used a few ingredients for this keto marinade and I’m sure you probably have them already in your house. The marinade consists of crushed garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, mustard and Italian seasonings.
Of course I used a Certified Angus Beef® flank steak as they are my preferred choice of beef as you all know. 😉 This marinade could also be used for regular steaks or even skirt steak or flat iron steak.
Let’s make this keto flank steak!
To make the marinade just whisk the ingredients together in a bowl. By the way this is also a very delicious salad dressing. So before you marinate the flank steak dip a piece of lettuce in it for a taste. (Of course don’t use the marinade after it’s been on the meat.)
Before you pour the marinade over the flank steak you want to score the beef by cutting a criss cross pattern on both sides. This will help the marinade seep into the meat and make it very tasty and tender.
Hopefully you can see the diamond pattern below. Make sure not to cut too deep as you are doing this on both sides.
Let the flank steak marinade all day if you can. I usually make this in the morning and grill it at dinner time.
HOW LONG SHOULD I GRILL THE FLANK STEAK?
You want to grill each side for at least 10 minutes on both sides. I like mine to be charred on the outside but pink in the middle. Medium rare is usually 135°F in the middle and 145° for medium. So grill it for 10 minutes on each side and use a meat thermometer. If you don’t have a meat thermometer you can always cut a small piece off to test it. Let it rest before serving.
How To Cook Flank Steak On The Stove
To cook the flank steak I like to get a big cast iron skillet nice and hot. Spray with cooking spray or add a bit of oil. Shake off the excess marinade and cook the steak for about 5-7 minutes on each side. Let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting against the grain.
Keto Side Dishes To Go With This Recipe
I have so many low carb side dishes on this blog but here are a few that would go very nicely with the grilled flank steak. They are all very easy and tasty.
I hope you give this easy keto flank steak a try. The garlic & balsamic marinade is so easy but very tasty and really goes great with any kind of steak.
The nutritional information for 1 serving is:
416 cals / 24.1g fat / 3g carbs / 0.1g fiber / 45.2g protein = 2.9g net carbs
- 1 ½ lb flanks steak
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoings
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Pour all of the ingredients into a bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Very lightly score the flank steak with a sharp knife to make a criss cross pattern on both sides. Make sure not to cut through the steak.
- Add the flank steak to a marinating container or place in a large baggie and then pour the marinade over top. Refrigerate until ready to cook. I like to make this in the morning and take it out to grill at dinner time.
- Grill both side for around 10 minutes each. I like mine to be charred on the outside but pink in the middle. Medium rare is usually 135°F in the middle and 145° for medium. So grill it for 10 minutes on each side and use a meat thermometer.
- To cook the steak on the stove, get a big cast iron skillet nice and hot. Spray with cooking spray or add a bit of oil. Shake off the excess marinade. Cook the steak for about 5-7 minutes on each side. Let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting against the grain.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 416