If you are looking for a very simple but delicious side dish, try this easy air fryer diced potatoes recipe. The potatoes are soft and tender on the inside but golden brown and crispy on the outside. Best of all these fried potatoes only need 4 ingredients and this recipe takes just 20 minutes. Eat these as a dinner side dish or for breakfast and brunch.
You might also like this fried turnips and radishes with bacon recipe.
I love fried potatoes and one of my family’s favorite foods. We eat them at least once a week. I try to stick to my low carb diet most of the time but every once in awhile I splurge and it’s usually with this easy air fryer diced potatoes recipe.
We were having some sous vide steaks one night and I needed a side dish for dinner. I decided on these air fried potatoes because I could make them quickly in the air fryer. Just a few minutes to dice and 15 minutes of cooking time. Ever since then this is my go to recipe.
These delicious potatoes were so soft and fluffy on the inside and crispy on the inside. They covered in melted butter and garlic so there is lots of flavor and then texture is perfect. So next time you need a quick air fryer side dish, give this one a try.
Recipe ingredients I used.
This recipe is meant to use fresh potatoes and not frozen potatoes. All you need to make this dish is 4 simple ingredients – golden potatoes, melted butter (or olive oil), fresh garlic cloves and fresh parsley. You also need salt and black pepper to season.
I think using the golden potatoes is important because they seem to have the best texture but you can use red or russet potatoes if that is all you have on hand. But the golden are the best for this recipe in my opinion. Also I like to keep the skin on them because the golden variety has a very thin skin.
Also I like to keep the skin on them because the golden variety has a very thin skin.
The fresh parsley is a nice green garnish and adds a bit of freshness and color to the dish. You could use other fresh herbs like basil, cilantro, thyme, rosemary, etc. Or eliminate it if you don’t have any.
How to make air fryer diced potatoes.
Step 1: Dice the raw potatoes into a small, bite sized pieces. Try to keep them all the same size if you can so they cook evenly. Place the cubed potatoes in a large mixing bowl.
Note if you are making these ahead of time, soak potatoes in cold water so they don’t start to brown. Then when ready to use, drain the water and dab with a paper towel or kitchen towel to dry the excess water off.
Step 2: In small microwaveable bowl add the butter and microwave it for 30 seconds to melt it. Then add the crushed garlic, mix, then pour over the potatoes. Mix it well and season with salt and pepper.
Step 3: Spray the air fryer basket basket with nonstick cooking spray. Then spoon the diced potatoes into it and spread out evenly in a single layer.
Step 4: Set the air fryer at 400°F, place the air fryer basket in and cook for 15-18 minutes. Half way through take out the basket and flip the potatoes pieces and continue baking.
Check at 15 minutes if they are not golden brown put them back in for an additional 2-3 minutes. Note cooking time may vary.
Step 5: When the air fryer potato cubes are done, spoon into a big serving bowl and sprinkle fresh chopped parsley on top and serve.
Store leftover air fryer cubed potatoes in an airtight container. Please scroll down to view the printable recipe card
Ways to vary this recipe.
Some options to change up the flavor so these potatoes are with the dried and fresh herbs and different spices. Sometimes I use dried rosemary and grated parmesan which is quite delicious.
You can also add garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and parmesan cheese much like this roasted seasoned potatoes recipe. You can even add some hot pepper flakes for a little heat.
Lastly try some diced onions and bell peppers are roast with the butter and garlic. You can also use a little Italian seasoning with this combination. This is a nice dish especially for breakfast or brunch.
We usually eat these with steak or a meaty main dish to make a complete meal. Sometimes we also have a steamed veggie like broccoli or asparagus and a green salad.
If you are eating this for breakfast try this homemade turkey breakfast sausage recipe or serve with bacon and eggs.
More easy air fryer recipes to try.
I have many, many easy air fryer recipes. Below are some of my family’s favorite recipes and all are very easy to make.
- French bread pizzas
- salmon bites and lemon pepper salmon
- pumpkin cheesecake and baked apples
- 2 ingredients mushroom flatbread and 2 cranberry pecan bagels
- ribeye steak and beef jerky
- bacon wrapped chicken thighs
I’ve seriously made these crispy air fryer potatoes about 4 times this month. Air frying vegetables like potatoes works so well. With minimal prep and cooking time they come out so soft and tender inside but crispy outside.
My family loves them and I sure they will be a hit with picky eaters as well. I hope you like them as well. Enjoy!
- 3 potatoes, golden (diced)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (or olive oil)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh minced
- salt and black pepper to season
- Dice gold potatoes in to a large dice (about ½ inch cubes) and place into a medium bowl. I like to keep the skin on them because the golden variety has a very thin skin.
Note if you are making these ahead of time, soak potatoes in water so they don't start to brown. Then when ready to use, drain the water and dab dry with a paper towel to dry the excess water off.
- Add butter to a small microwaveable bowl and microwave for 30 seconds to melt then take out of the microwave and add the crushed garlic. Mix well.
- Pour butter mixture over the potatoes and season with salt and black pepper.
- Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray. Then pour the potatoes in and spread out into a single layer.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes. Check as the time is close to being done to see if they are golden brown. If not then cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the potatoes are fork tender and cispy on the outside. Cooking time may vary.
- Take the air fried potaotes and place in a bowl. Sprinkle fresh parsley over top and serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
These crispy potatoes go great with a steak or a meaty main dish to make a complete meal.
I think using the golden potatoes are the best potatoes to use but you can also use red or russet potatoes if that is all you have on hand.
Some ways you can change up the flavor:
- try dried rosemary and grated parmesan
- or add garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and parmesan cheese
- try some diced onions and peppers and roast with the butter and garlic (good for breakfast or brunch)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 205mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g