This easy and flavorful air fryer mushroom flatbread recipe uses 2 ingredient dough so you can quickly whip it up for a quick dinner. The buttery mushrooms are topped with garlic, cheeses and fresh herbs on a thin crust pizza flatbread. Making homemade flatbread in the air fryer is convenient and the variations are endless. Makes a great appetizer or lunch too.
You might also like these air fryer bagels using 2 ingredient dough.
I don’t know why but I have been craving flatbread pizzas lately. They just seem like a fun and easy summer dinner to me. But today I wanted to make them in the air fryer and use 2 ingredient dough.
So I ended up with this delicious air fryer mushroom flatbread recipe. I used gouda and asiago cheese and fresh herbs from my garden. They had amazing flavor and were perfect for an easy summer dinner.
If you’ve never tried 2 ingredient dough I recommend giving it a try. You will surprised at how easy it is and the results you can achieve with it. It’s perfect for dishes like this air fryer pizza.
Flatbread ingredients I used.
The simple ingredients I used for this air fryer pizza is 2 ingredient dough (Greek yogurt and self rising flour), olive oil, fresh white button or baby portobello mushrooms, butter, gouda cheese, asiago cheese, fresh garlic and fresh herbs.
I used gouda cheese because it’s very melty and soft. And the asiago cheese has tons of flavor so I thought it would be a good combination with the mushrooms. You can use other cheeses as well but try for a sharper cheese if you can.
As for the herbs I used a combination of fresh basil, parsley, rosemary, oregano and thyme because I had them in my herb garden. You can use any fresh herbs you want. They act as both a garnish for color and then adds another layer of flavor.
How to make 2 ingredient bread dough.
This is the easiest pizza crust or just plain old bread dough you can make. All you need is plain Greek yogurt and self rising flour. Not all purpose flour nor flavored yogurt. It must be plain Greek yogurt and self rising flour.
All you need to do is mix the two together until it forms a nice ball of homemade dough. No need to let it rise or anything else. See! Easy peasy bread dough to make homemade pizzas!
How to make air fryer mushroom flatbread.
Step 1: Slice your mushrooms vary thin. Heat up a medium sized skillet to medium high heat. Add a tablespoon of butter and once it sizzles turn down the heat to medium heat and add the mushrooms. Cook for about 5 minutes until the mushrooms are golden brown. Set aside.
Step 2: Preheat the air fryer at a temperature of 380°F for 5 minutes while you make the crust. Once you make the dough divide it into 4 pieces to make 4 individual pizzas. Take 1 piece of the dough and using your hands form an oval or circle shape as thin as you can.
Step 3: Once the air fryer has preheated, spray the basket with nonstick cooking spray and gently place the raw crust into the air fryer. Bake it at 380°F for about 3 minutes. You will have to do this with each flatbread you want to make.
Tip: You can save the dough for a couple days in the refrigerator so if you only want to make 1 pizza today that’s fine.
Step 4: Once the crust is done, take it out and make your mushroom flatbread. Mix the olive oil with crushed garlic and brush all over the flat breads. Add some of each of the cheeses then add the buttery mushrooms. Finish with a little more of both the cheeses then place pizza in air fryer.
Step 5: Bake at 380°F for 5-8 minutes until the cheese melts and crust has browned nicely. Cooking time may vary depending on how thick your crust is.
Store leftovers in an airtight container. (Please scroll down to view the printable recipe card.)
If you want to make this recipe in an oven, place the raw pizza crust on a sprayed baking sheet. Then place in a preheat oven at 425 °F for 5 minutes. Add all the toppings and place back in the oven for 15 minutes more. Check occasionally to make sure it doesn’t burn.
Other toppings to try on your flatbread.
There are so many things you can put on this flatbread pizza. Here are a few ideas for you but you can always use your favorite pizza toppings.
- veggies – You can use any vegetable toppings you want but make sure to cut them into very small pieces or precook them either in the microwave or saute them. Try asparagus, broccoli, sweet bell pepper, onions, cherry tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, black olives, artichokes etc.
- meat – Just like pizza you can use crumbled bacon, pepperoni slices, Italian sausage and ham. However you can also try shrimp, chicken, turkey or even crabmeat.
- greens – Spinach, arugula, kale, Swiss chard, etc will all add another layer of flavor.
- cheeses – Just about any kind of cheese will work like shredded mozzarella cheese (or fresh mozzarella), provolone, swiss, cheddar as well as feta, goat cheese, blue cheese.
- herbs and spices – Fresh herbs are always nice and spices can total change the flavor. Try a spice blend, fresh garlic or even hot pepper flakes to give it more flavor.
- sauces – I used a garlic oil as the pizza sauce today but there is always marinara sauce, Alfredo sauce, bbq sauce, pesto or buffalo sauce to try.
Other flatbread and pizza recipes to try.
Below are some flatbread pizzas I’ve already made. I used to always use naan bread as a short cut to make a pizza base and it works great if you don’t want to try 2 ingredient dough.
- sausage and peppers flatbread
- peach and basil naan bread pizza
- apple & cheese flatbread pizzas
- pepperoni mini pizzas using 2 ingredient dough
- spicy jambalaya flatbread
I have to say these are not the most beautiful looking things but boy were they good. I ate ½ of one for lunch and then a whole one for dinner! This air fryer mushroom flatbread makes a good healthy snack or light weeknight dinner. I hope you like them too!
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ cup self rising flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup gouda cheese, shredded
- 2 cup asiago cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, minced
- Heat up a medium skilled to medium high heat and add a tablespoon of butter. Once it sizzles add the sliced mushrooms. Saute for about 5 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Preaheat the air fryer to 380°F for 5 minutes while you make the 2 ingredient dough.
- For the crust, mix the yogurt and flour together until it for a ball of dough. You will probably need to use your hands. It will be a sticky doug but you don't want too wet or too dry. Cut the dough ball into 4 pieces to make 4 pizzas.
- Take one piece of the dough and using your hands for an oval or circle shaped pizza. Make sure it will fit the shape of your air fryer. Try to spread it as thin as you can to make a thin crust. Then once the air fryer is preheated, spray the basket with nonstick cooking spray and gently add the dough to the basket. Cook for 3 minutes then take out the partially cooked crust.
- Assembly your flatbread by first mixing the olive oil and crushed garlic and then brushing it over the crust. Then layer the cheese and mushrooms. This recipe should make 4 pizzas so use ¼ of each of the ingredients for each pizza.
- Place the pizza in fryer basket and bake for 5-7 minutes until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown. Take it out and sprinkle the fresh herbs on top.
- Note depending on the size of your air fryer you will have to make the crusts one at a time and cook the flatbreads one at a time. The dough however will keep for a few days so you can make one personal pizza and save the dough and ingredients for the next day.
To make in an oven, place the raw pizza crust on a sprayed baking tray. Then place in a preheat oven at 425 °F for 5 minutes. Add all the toppings and place back in the oven for 15 minutes more. Check occasionally to make sure it doesn't burn.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 644Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 1157mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 31g