This easy peach & basil naan bread pizza recipe is the perfect quick and tasty summer dinner. Using ripe peaches in season as well as herbs from the garden you can make a flatbread pizza with just a few ingredients! It tastes like a Margherita pizza with peaches instead of tomatoes.
You might also like this low carb peach scone recipe!
When peaches are ripe in the summer, there is nothing better. They are juicy, sweet and the color is amazing. Most peach recipes are sweet like jam, pie or ice cream. However todays peach & basil naan bread pizza recipe uses the sweetness of the peaches in a savory dish.
It came about because I had a big bunch of basil and some fresh mozzarella cheese from a caprese recipe gone wrong. So instead of tomatoes in the usual Margherita pizza I used peaches!
It was so good that I think it will become a regular summer weeknight meal for me and my hubby. I couldn’t sell Max on the idea but who knows maybe next summer he’ll appreciate it.
Why I love using naan bread for pizza and flatbread.
Naan bread makes for a wonderful pizza crust or flatbread. It’s chewy and has the same flavor so you can make either in no time without dealing with pizza dough. I buy them at Aldi or Costco and keep some on hand in the freezer at all times a quick weeknight dinner.
For a quick pizza or flatbread all you need to do is brush some olive oil on them, place your toppings on top and bake in a 350°F oven for roughly 20 minutes and you have a quick meal like this asiago, sausage and peppers flatbread or today’s recipe.
Recipe ingredients I used.
You just need a few simple ingredients to make these flatbread pizza: a package of plain naan bread, fresh peaches, fresh mozzarella cheese, basil leaves, garlic, olive oil, salt and black pepper.
Try to use a good ripe peach if you can. Sometimes I use less ripe ones and while the texture is great the flavor can be a bit bland.
How to make these peach basil naan bread pizzas.
As I mentioned above you can use this basic recipe with any toppings. Use tomatoes instead of the peaches for a classic Margherita pizza.
- Spray a baking tray with non stick cooking oil. In a small bowl mix the olive oil and crushed garlic.
- Place the naan bread on the baking sheet with the bumpy side down. Brush the garlic and olive oil mixture all over both pieces of naan bread.
- Next add slices of fresh mozzarella and the peaches slices on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in a 350°F oven until the cheese is brown and bubbly. Baking time may vary so check out them to make sure they are not burning.
- Take out of the oven and sprinkle chopped fresh basil on top. Let cool for a few minutes before cutting. See below if you want to add an easy balsamic glaze. (Please scroll down to view and print the recipe card.)
Top with a balsamic reduction for added flavor.
I also added a balsamic reduction at the end. It’s not necessary but it I think it made this dish even better and it’s really easy to make.
Add some balsamic vinegar to a pan and bring to a boil. Then turn it down to a simmer until the quantity has reduced about half. You’ll know it’s ready when it becomes thicker.
Just drizzle a little on top of the flatbreads before serving. If you get a chance, add this extra step because the vinegar really complements the rest of the ingredients.
Other toppings and variations to try on your naan pizza.
I mentioned above that you can substitute tomatoes to make a this recipe a caprese pizza. Other variations are switching up the cheeses and fruit like this apple and gouda flatbread recipe. Other options are:
- Add some cooked meat such as chicken, sausage or shrimp. And combine them with pizza toppings like sautéed mushrooms, sweet peppers, onions, etc.
- Try adding a little heat with hot pepper flakes or banana peppers.
- Or use a bbq sauce or alfredo sauce instead of pizza sauce. There are so many topping combinations to try.
So that’s my easy naan bread pizza recipe for you. I’m so glad I found a new flatbread recipe to enjoy with those delicious summer peaches.
I hope you give this recipe a try or one of the suggestions above to make your own personal pizza. You can pair it with a nice green salad and you are good to go. Enjoy!
- 2 large naan breads
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 fresh peach, thinly sliced
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 15 basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Mix oil and garlic in a small bowl.
- Brush the oil mixture over the naan bread.
- Place the bread on a sprayed cookie sheet.
- First add your slices of mozzarella.
- Then place your sliced peaches on top.
- Season with salt and pepper on both naan breads.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is brown and bubbly. Baking time may vary so check out them to make sure they are not burning.
- This step is optional. While the naan pizzas are baking, add the balsamic vinegar to a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and then lower to simmer. Cook until the vinegar reduces and becomes a bit thicker.
- When the flatbreads are done, sprinkle basil leaves on top.
- If using the balsamic reduction, drizzle the vinegar over the cooked flatbreads, cut and serve.
Other variations - you can easily substitute tomatoes to make a this a caprese pizza. Other variations are switching up the cheeses (gouda, goat cheese, gruyere, asiago) and fruit (apple, pears, plums).
Or you can combine cooked meat like chicken, sausage or shrimp with pizza toppings like sautéed mushrooms, peppers, onions, etc.
Try using a bbq sauce or alfredo sauce instead of pizza sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 361mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 10g