These easy apple & cheese flatbreads make for a delicious dinner or appetizer. Using seasonal apples and tasty cheeses you can make these flatbreads in minutes.
I’m a terrible baker. I really wanted to make an apple recipe, specifically Paleo mini apple pies. Let’s just say that besides looking like crap, they had about as much flavor as a rice cake. I gave up. So Plan B turned out soooo much better! These easy apple & cheese flatbreads combine sweet apples, tangy cheese, spicy arugula and the bite of red onion. Delicious!
I made two kinds today but you can change up the vegetables, cheese and meats any way you want. The flatbread below right I used Asiago cheese and prosciutto. The flatbread below right is a Gouda cheese and no prosciutto. Both are great. My hubby liked the Asiago (which is sharper) and I liked the Gouda. Both cheeses taste great with apples and the naan bread makes the best flatbread base.
I liked these so much I’m going to make them for a big family party I have coming up. Just cutting them into small pieces will make a nice appetizer. I might also made some of my other flatbread recipes such as basil & peach flatbread and a sausage &peppers flatbread.
Easy Apple & Cheese Flatbreads
I hope you like this quick and easy dinner or appetizer using all those tasty fall apples and cheeses. If you come up with a delicious combination please drop me a comment and let me know what it is. And for more delicious apple recipes, try a few of these:
- 2 naan breads
- 1 apple thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 oz gouda cheese, finely chopped or shredded
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 oz asiago cheese, shredded
- 1 oz prosciutto, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place both naan breads on a cookie sheet sprayed with oil.
- Brush the olive oil over each naan making sure to get the crust area well.
- Lay the arugula on both flatbreads.
- Sprinkle ½ of the gouda on one flatbread and ½ of the asiago on the other.
- layer a few pieces of the apple on top of the cheese for both flatbreads.
- Sprinkle the rest of the gouda on the gouda flatbread and the rest of the asiago o the asiago flatbread.
- A a few pieces of the red onion on both flatbreads.
- Sprinkle the prosciutto on the asiago flatbread.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. If you wan the cheese to brown more, place under the broiler for a few minutes.