This easy 1 minute low carb pumpkin muffin is a healthy and nutritious breakfast. Not only are they low carb at 5.3g net carbs but they are high in protein (12.2g) and fiber (6.2g) too! Best of all this healthy pumpkin muffin recipe only takes a minute or two in the microwave so you can easily make one every morning or as a keto snack!
You might also like this keto carrot cake mug cake in the microwave!
Lately I’ve been updating my older posts and was happy when I came across this 1 minute low carb pumpkin muffin. It was my first introduction to the mug cake which has been so useful to me.
I love sweets and when the colder weather starts I especially like muffins and sweet breads for breakfast. This 1 minute muffin takes little time to make, tastes great and it’s low carb, high protein and high fiber. What a way to start you day!
Let’s Talk About The Healthy Ingredients
There are only 7 ingredients in this recipe. Here are the healthy ingredients that I used and why I used them.
- almond flour – Almonds are high in fiber, protein, vitamin E, magnesium and healthy fats (source) and act as the flour in this muffin.
- flaxseed – Flaxseeds are high in omega-3 healthy fats and fiber and works with the almond flour as the base.
- pure pumpkin puree – Pumpkins are high in vitamin A and other nutrients as well as low calorie. (source) It adds flavor and keeps the muffin moist but make sure to use pure pumpkin puree (canned) and not pumpkin pie filling.
- egg – Eggs are a good source of protein and act as the binder in this recipe.
- Swerve Brown sugar – This sweetener has no carbs or calories but it tastes just like brown sugar. It’s made from erythritol and is non-glycemic. (source)
- pumpkin pie spice and baking powder – These are for flavor and leavening.
Let’s Make A 1 Minute Low Carb Pumpkin Muffin!
So this microwave recipe is very simple. Start by spraying your microwave safe ramekin with cooking spray. You can also use melted coconut oil or butter. Add the egg and pumpkin puree and beat with a fork to mix well.
In a separate bowl, mix your dry ingredients together and then add to the pumpkin and egg mixture. Again you need to mix this well. (See picture below for what it looks like before cooking.)
Microwave for 1 -2 minutes. Timing may differ depending on your microwave and the container you cook it in. You want it to be moist so don’t over cook.
And this is what it looks like after cooking. A delicious moist pumpkin muffin that is not only low carb but also high in protein and fiber. The nutritional information for this muffin is:
257 cals / 18g fat / 11.7g carbs / 6.4g fiber / 12.2g protein / net carbs 5.3g
The best thing about it is…there is only one to eat! No gorging on sweet deliciousness! And it’s very filling too!
Making This Into A Keto Dessert
Now if you wanted to make this more of a keto dessert you could certainly add a low carb cream cheese frosting or some coconut whipped cream. However I felt it was fine as it is. Plain it is sweet like a breakfast bread but not as sweet as a cupcake. I have a great microwave keto cupcake if you are looking for something like that.
Either way, this pumpkin muffin is definitely filling! It could be your breakfast and you will feel totally full. So please try it and let me know how you like it.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed, ground
- 2 tablespoons Swerve Brown Sweetener, can substitute other sweeteners
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree (just pumpkin)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Spray a ramekin with cooking spray.
- Add egg and pumpkin and mix well.
- In a separate bowl add the almond flour, flaxseed, Swerve, baking powder and pumpkin spice.
- Mix well and add to egg mixture and mix again.
- Microwave for 1 - 2 minutes. Check to see if done. Don't overcook. Mine took 1 minute and 40 seconds.
- Let cool a bit and eat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Unsaturated Fat: 0g