This chicken burrito lasagna is quick and easy in the Instant Pot and only takes 5 ingredients. It’s like a big chicken burrito the whole family can share!
As you can see I’m having fun playing around with my Instant Pot. Recently I bought a springform pan to make cheesecake in the Instant Pot. Yes you can even make cheesecake! However it was a fail and so I decided to try something else. I noticed the tortillas were roughly the same size and would be great to make a chicken burrito lasagna which is basically a Mexican casserole in a lasagna form. It worked like a charm and my husband thought it was inspired. He’s not a cheesecake fan and would much rather eat a burrito. 😉
This recipe only takes 5 ingredients and they are ones that I usually have on hand. So this makes for another go to recipe for me. I used cooked chicken that I had frozen. I like to buy rotisserie chicken from Costco, pick the chicken off and freeze for recipes like this. It comes in handy for casseroles and soup.
So to make this dish, you want to use a springform pan so that it holds it’s shape. I first spread some refried beans on a tortilla and then placed it on the bottom. Then I added the shredded chicken, spooned the salsa and finally sprinkled some shredded cheese. I repeat the layers 3 times and then placed a final tortilla on top with just the salsa and cheese.
Chicken burrito Lasagna
Place the trivet in the Instant Pot and add 1/2 cup of water on the bottom. Place the springform pan on the trivet and press the manual button for 10 minutes and let it cook. When it’s done use a quick release. Take it out of the pot and let it sit for 10 minutes before taking it out of the springform pan. As I said it’s easy and doesn’t take much time and is a great quick and easy dinner. I hope you like it as much as we did. Enjoy!
- 4 small flour tortillas
- 1¼ cup salsa
- ½ can refried beans.
- 1½ cups cooked chicken
- 1¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray your springform pan with cooking spray.
- Take 3 tortillas and spread the refried beans evenly on each.
- Place the first tortilla in the springform pan and then add ⅓ of the chicken meat.
- Add ¼ of the salsa on top of the chicken and then sprinkle ¼ of the cheese.
- Repeat for two more layers.
- Add the last tortilla and top with remaining salsa and cheese.
- Add trivet to the Instant Pot along with ½ cup of water.
- Place the lasagna on the trivet, lock the lid and turn the pressure release to the back.
- Use the manual button to cook for 10 minutes.
- When finish, move the release button to vent for a quick release.
- Take out the springform pan (be careful it's really hot) and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- manual 10 minutes
- instant release
- Let sit 10 minutes
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. FOR MORE INFO PLEASE VISIT OUR POLICIES PAGE.
More Instant Pot Recipes to try!