With it being so busy this time of year, I like to have some meals that are just easy to prepare and that my family will like, such as this kielbasa skillet dinner. I like this dinner because it has your meat-starch-veggie all in one and it tastes great. Best of all it takes minutes to prepare and then you can just shove it in the oven to cook while you do other things….like watch Chopped or catching up on The Voice. 😉
I remember years ago going to a tailgate party where someone brought a dish similar to this. It was soooo good to me that I never forgot about it and that was about 20 years ago.The fact that I still remember that dish might be because it was soooo good or was it the cocktails before the game? Regardless, that dish is what inspired this quick dinner.
So to make this skillet of deliciousness, you start by tossing your chopped veggies and kielbasa with olive oil and spices and then spreading them evenly in your cast iron or oven proof skillet.
Then just bake until your potatoes are soft and brown. Mine took an hour (conveniently the same amount of time it took me to watch an episode of The Voice.) Doesn’t that look like comfort food to you? It does to me.
That’s all there is to it. Just add a salad and you have dinner with just a few minutes of prep. That leaves you with enough time to catch up on Adam Levine … err I mean chores while it bakes. 😉 Enjoy!
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 potatoes, chopped
- 2 sweet bell peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 14 oz kielbasa, sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using 1 Tablespoon of olive oil, spread all over a cast iron or oven proof skillet.
- In a large bowl add your vegetables and kielbasa. Pour the rest of the olive oil over along with the spices and mix well.
- Spoon into your skillet and spread evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour or until potatoes are soft and browned.
- Serve immediately.