A simple but tasty recipe, this 3 pepper pork tenderloin medallions is an easy skillet dinner you can make in under 30 minutes. Tender pork medallions and spicy peppers make for a delicious low carb dinner any night of the week. Only 5.3g net carbs per serving.
You might also like this keto creamy pork tenderloin recipe with a tomato and asiago sauce.
We love peppers in this house. Well my hubby and I do that is. He has a variety of peppers planted in his garden this year and I can’t wait to see what I can make with them.
So when I was asking him what I should make for dinner the other day he suggested some thing with peppers and onions and so I came up with this 3 pepper pork tenderloin medallions skillet dinner.
I use a mixture of hot, sweet and pickled peppers and thin pieces of pork tenderloin for an easy and tasty low carb dinner. This was a delicious recipe and now one of my favorite recipes for summer since I can use my hubby’s garden peppers!
The Difference Between Pork Tenderloin And Pork Loin.
In this recipe I am using pork tenderloin which is much different from pork loin.
- They are different cuts and even look different. Pork tenderloin looks like a thin long cylinder with about a 1 inch diameter. A pork loin is much bigger and has about a 3-5 inch diameter.
- Pork tenderloin is much like beef tenderloin in as it’s tender and better cut of meat. This is also referred to as pork filet and best when cooking it quickly at a higher heat.
- Pork loin is a very lean meat but often has a thick layer of fat on top which is good for slow cooking at a lower heat.
- They should not be used interchangeably in recipes. (Learn more about the difference here.) However they are both good for low carb diets.
What Type Of Peppers To Use?
In this recipe I used sweet bell peppers, a jalapeno and some pickled banana peppers. So you can see there was a little heat.
This summer I think I would like to use some ancho chiles or pobalno peppers in the mix because I like their taste but if you want you can use whatever peppers you want. It will be perfectly fine with just sweet bell peppers.
Other recipe ingredients were grape tomatoes, garlic, broth, olive oil and parmesan cheese. You could also use some red pepper flakes to add more heat if you want.
How To Make Pork Tenderloin Medallions With Peppers.
- First slice the pork tenderloin into 1/2 inch pieces and then put them in a baggie and pound thin with a meat mallet for a minute or two. This cut of meat is pretty tender but pounding it thin seems to makes the meat stretch further in this meal.
- Season the cutlets with a little salt and black pepper.
- Then heat up a large skillet to a medium high heat, add the oil and brown the slices of pork. This should only take about 2-3 minutes on each side. Take it out of the pan and set aside.
- Now add the broth, peppers, tomatoes and garlic. Simmer for a few minutes until the peppers start to wilt.
- Then return pork to the pan, cover and cook for about 10 minutes until everything is cooked through. If you are concerned about it being done, the internal temperature should be 150°F for medium. (source)
- Sprinkle with Parmesan for a little more flavor and serve. Scroll down and print the recipe card with all the instructions.
Low Carb Side Dishes To Serve With This.
Other Keto Pork Tenderloin Recipes To Try.
Pork tenderloin is fine to cook as a roast but I like to cut it into pieces and pound them into thin, tender pork medallions. I’ve made quite a few recipes with it prepared like this and my family loves it.
I hope you like this simple but tasty weeknight dinner. You can make this dish in just about 30 minutes so it’s a quick dinner and ow carb too! And if you don’t care about carbs, onion and mushrooms would go great with the peppers.
My hubby and I ate it as is but if you don’t care about carbs you can eat it over rice or pasta or with roasted potatoes.
The nutritional information for 1 serving is: 340 cals
14.4g fat / 7,1g carbs / 1.8g fiber / 42.4g protein = 5.3g net carbs
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, sliced and pounded thin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno, large, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups bell peppers, sliced
- 2 oz banana pepper rings, from a jar
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Start by slicing the pork tenderloin into 1/2 inch pieces. Take each piece, place in a baggie and pound thin for a. minute or so. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat up a skillet to a medium high heat and add the oil. Brown the slices of pork on each side. About 2-3 minutes per side. Take out the pork and set aside.
- Turn down the heat to medium heat. Add broth and deglaze pan and then add in the peppers, tomatoes and garlic. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add back the pork, cover and cook for 10 minutes. If you are concerned about it being done, the internal temperature should be 150°F for medium.
- Sprinkle cheese over the pork and serve.
Notes: If you don't care about carbs onion and mushrooms would go great in this skillet dinner. You could also add some red pepper flakes to add more heat.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340Unsaturated Fat: 0g