These low carb breaded pork cutlets are an easy and delicious dinner that only uses 4 ingredients. The breading is gluten free and easy to make yet makes the pork cutlets nice and crispy. And piece of breaded pork has only 0.2g net carbs!
Try these low carb chicken nuggets too!
Over the years I’ve often seen people eat pork rinds because they make a good crunchy, low carb snack. Most brands have no carbs at all. However there is something that makes me leary about eating them because they are, well, pork rinds. I really don’t want to know how they make them.
But today I finally decided to give them a try with these low carb bread pork cutlets. My family loves breaded pork and this was an easy way to try the pork rinds. Success! My family love them as did I, though I probably won’t snack on them. Baby steps.
Other low carb pork tenderloin recipes
I used pork tenderloin in this recipe. I love how much more meat you seem to get when you cut it into pieces and pound them out. Two other recipes I did this with are my creamy pork & apples and tomato Asiago pork skillet. Both easy and delicious!
Making the pork cutlets
First things first, cut your pork into 1/2 inch pieces, place a piece in a baggie and pound with a meat tenderizer until thin. Do this to all the pieces of pork. I got 12 pieces from a 1.25 lb of pork tenderloin. Then start the breading each piece.
What’s in the low carb breading?
Low Carb Breaded Pork Cutlets recipe
After you’ve got the breading ready, dip each piece of pork into the egg and then the breading then set aside. Heat up your oil and let get very hot and fry the pork cutlets for about 3 minutes per side. Lastly bake all the pork in the oven for 10 minutes to make sure they are cooked through.
As I said my family really enjoyed these low carb breaded pork cutlets and I will definitely make them again. Next time I might try a little coconut flakes in the breading and fry them in coconut oil. I hope enjoy these and I must say that pork rinds are not so bad. The nutritional information is based on using 1/4 cup of olive oil and is for 1 piece of meat:
1 piece: 144 cals / 8.6g fat / 0.2g carbs / 15.6 protein = 0.2g net carbs
- 1 1/4 lb pork tenderloin
- 2 cups pork rinds, crushed into a fine powder
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil for frying
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take the pork tenderloin and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Place a piece into a baggie and using a skillet or meat mallet, pound the pork into thin pieces.
- Place the egg into a shallow dish and beat.
- In another shallow dish add the crushed pork rinds and Parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Dip the pork into the egg and then the pork rind mixture to bread it.
- Place on a dish until you finish them all.
- Heat the oil to medium high in a large frying pan.
- Place a few pieces of meat in the pan and cook for about 3 minutes per side or nice and brown.
- Transfer cooked meat to a baking dish and continue working in batches until all the meat is browned.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 144Unsaturated Fat: 0g